Ad's Of The Year, 2002 (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by old
You cunts waste too much time at that telly.
I'm learning, though.
Nightshifts have introduced me to Temptation Island, South Park containing Timmy and Towelly and Granada Men & Motors after 11pm...

hee hee :p it's deadly like!

Originally posted by egg_
I got an ad banned last year - did I tell yiz? One o them Miller things. Gave me a great feeling of power

the one with the durty sock got banned, didn't it?

Twas the one where the guy's washing his clothes in a basement and he offers some space in his machine to some chick and then gives her a beer and then she takes off her underwear.
Under advertising standards (an extract from which I happened to find in Walton's music school on top of a piano) you're not allowed to imply that alcohol increases your chances of having sex

Almost regretted it while (briefly) trying to explain my political motivation to a load of lowbrows in work who thought me getting an ad with a cute chick in it banned was tantamount to homosexuality.
Almost

The worst ads ARE those Smirnoff ICE ones. I know it has probably been mentioned before but those cunts are ruining and warping the childrens minds. Think of the children. I mean, are they gonna sponsor certain types of Divorce documents to back up their back stab theory? I'd love to meet the types of cunts who write that crap. Can ye imagine what they are like?

FUCKIN KILL THEM GITS!

trying to explain my political motivation to a load of lowbrows in work who thought me getting an ad with a cute chick in it banned was tantamount to homosexuality.

jaysis this sounds like a grand oul way to pass a slow thursday morning. must've been great fun.

Twas the one where the guy's washing his clothes in a basement and he offers some space in his machine to some chick and then gives her a beer and then she takes off her underwear.
Under advertising standards (an extract from which I happened to find in Walton's music school on top of a piano) you're not allowed to imply that alcohol increases your chances of having sex

Almost regretted it while (briefly) trying to explain my political motivation to a load of lowbrows in work who thought me getting an ad with a cute chick in it banned was tantamount to homosexuality.
Almost

Good man yerself there Egg.
It's good to see a man make a stand against promiscuous totty.
Keep up the good work.

Worst ad of the year is that one that keeps popping up when you go back out to the general forum on this bulletin board.

Moan moan moan...

Remember Craig McLachlan... ex-Neighbours star who penned the tune Mona...

"Heeey Mona... ooooo Mona.... tell me Mona what yer goin' to you...la la la la la la la la ...." and so on and so forth....

John Smith ads were the best ads of 2002. The one with the diving is brillo.

Originally posted by Knacker
Worst ad of the year is that one that keeps popping up when you go back out to the general forum on this bulletin board.

ah but it's effective.

i went to ad school, me.

There was an ad for coffee a while back that was on every morning that was truly horrible, it had a husky blokes voice going.."try to remeber ... blah blah ....and follow".

And the Centra(I think) song "for the way we lyeeeaaffff"
I hate the way he pronounces that.

Originally posted by Mathatma Scarfe
There was an ad for coffee a while back that was on every morning that was truly horrible, it had a husky blokes voice going.."try to remeber ... blah blah ....and follow".

Huskly bloke singing voice... essential for crap ads. Reminds of the radio ad for Night-Owls in Ranelagh...

Went something like: "Night Owls, it's as cool as a dream... Night Owls, it's the place to seen..." something ridiculous like that.

Originally posted by Knacker
Huskly bloke singing voice... essential for crap ads. Reminds of the radio ad for Night-Owls in Ranelagh...

Went something like: "Night Owls, it's as cool as a dream... Night Owls, it's the place to seen..." something ridiculous like that.

Which HAD to be done by the same bloke who did
"Tamangoes where the gang goes"

Night Owls

Such a kip.

Anyone see they 'changed' it to
IL MONDO

And supposedly it features all the wonders of the world

..including the Awe-inspiring Travelators of the Blanch, the Wonderous Bubble Lift of the Ilac, and the Magical Methadone Man of the 78A

I have a card for Club 3-0 in Night Owls..... it says: "Singles only, no couples"

I still have it I think....

You have to hear Pantone/Fiachra's voice. The man has to do voice-overs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back