Ad's Of The Year, 2002 (3 Viewers)

or magic sparkles flying out of Dunnes past some aul wan - I saw this on the Foyleside ad yesterday

Dunnes

Imagine *showcasing* DUNNES in your Mall ad, as a device to entice shoppers
love of fuck.

hee hee, those "because i'm worth it" ads used to bug me *so* much, i think it was one of the first null set gigs in the funnel ... i made this poster, it had a picture of a guy hanging himself, pretty graphic with "because i'm worth it" written underneath. just bringing it to the logical conclusion like... ;)

I liked those Lilt ads. It's really got a totally tropical taste.

Does anyone remember that ad (actually announcement more like) with loads of big doggies/wolves roaming the countryside killing sheep. It was animated. What was that for again? I keep thinking it's for fire lighters but i'm obviously wrong.

Originally posted by enchance
Does anyone remember that ad (actually announcement more like) with loads of big doggies/wolves roaming the countryside killing sheep. It was animated. What was that for again? I keep thinking it's for fire lighters but i'm obviously wrong.

I think it was for shepards.

And what about that ad for Measles, Mumps and Rubella.... the one with the nun shouting "BOAH!!!!!!!" into the kids ear.... fucking hell.

yeah, it was just for, 'control your dog'

probably funded by farmers, they all sold a centimeter of their mercs to pay for it. Probably.

Remember the other farm / work safety ads featuring kids climbing fucking pylons (cut to kite on pylon, a-smoke, and dead kid) or man in forklift truck forkin' up the power lines etc?

ace. very well done n all

Or the one with the mother on the phone while her kid was drowning out back...

Or where the old geezer snuffs it in six inches of water...."Where's grandad?"

Maybe they were part of the same ad. There was some rusty barrel of water involved somewhere here too....

RABIES KILLS! AGONIZINGLY! HELP KEEP THIS DISEASE OUT OF IRELAND! And the still of the dog jumping off a boat onto dry land, with a nice "woof" in the background...

Or the ESB ad - "Make sure your wiring is right. Right plug, right earth, RIGHT FUSE. Read this free booklet, and BE SAFE"

Originally posted by kirstie

Remember the other farm / work safety ads featuring kids climbing fucking pylons (cut to kite on pylon, a-smoke, and dead kid) or man in forklift truck forkin' up the power lines etc?

Or the one with the kid making toast in the bath.

Originally posted by Knacker
I think it was for shepards.

And what about that ad for Measles, Mumps and Rubella.... the one with the nun shouting "BOAH!!!!!!!" into the kids ear.... fucking hell.

JAYS LADS!!
Remember the craxy fire safety ads with the Common Woman brushing her common childs hair by her stone clad and ornament-tastic fireplace and dispensing friendly advice, such as, don't be attiring your childer in nylon nighties as they go on fire much more easily etc
Rappa

there was also some looney fire prevention ad where they'd used the mnemonic E.T.H.E.L as a way you were supposed to remember the steps you should take in case of a fire.

Originally posted by michaelknight
Or the ESB ad - "Make sure your wiring is right. Right plug, right earth, RIGHT FUSE. Read this free booklet, and BE SAFE"

For fuck's sake, what kind of spanner does not know how to wire a plug?

Does anyone remember that AIDS ad? There was a Tarot death card in there somewhere, and some bloke putting his hand on a woman's as they said "sexual intercourse"? Left me very confused, I can tell you.

Originally posted by kirstie
there was also some looney fire prevention ad where they'd used the mnemonic E.T.H.E.L as a way you were supposed to remember the steps you should take in case of a fire.

and those ads always gave fried chips a bad name.

Originally posted by enchance
For fuck's sake, what kind of spanner does not know how to wire a plug?

LOADS of people don't know how to do shit like that.

Not me I hasten to ad, I'm handy with a screwdriver.

Wait.... wait a second. You're all wrong..

The worst ad ever... by a very very long mile.... I mean I'm talking the miles Fionn MacCool used to walk.... was those ones about Life-Saving classes in Swimming Pools around the country. Bloody hell.... every single county....

See that thing about that fella who answered an ad which was looking for victims for this cannibal fella? Yer man answered it, and has been sandwiches ever since

I liked that shampoo ad with Michelle Smith/De Bruin - I mean, who wants hair like Michelle Smith? Nice touch, too, having her medals beside her in the shower.

If I had hair like Michelle Smith, I'd be putting whiskey in my piss too, and *drinking* it, in the hope that it would kill me and take me away from my frizzy haired mortal existence

See that thing about that fella who answered an ad which was looking for victims for this cannibal fella? Yer man answered it, and has been sandwiches ever since

that has to be the craziest thing i've heard in ages...i read that article in the paper and realised that there really are some very, very strange people out there.

I mean, it's one thing to be accomadating but this takes the biscuit...

The worst ad ever... by a very very long mile....

Jaysus lads....I thought we were on about the best ads.

Anyone watch german tv? How about those sexy scantily clad women advertising all those sex line. magical stuff. They really have a field day groaning the german for six which is sexig (or pronounced like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back