Ad's Of The Year, 2002 (4 Viewers)

oh god. that reminds me. those nivea body lotion ones with the woman grinning like a lobotomized simpleton while waving her moisturized limbs around.

grrrarrghhh.

or the l'oreal ones. because you're worth it. nyarrrghhh.

actually, if you go to the francis bacon exhibition in the hugh lane, you can see that mr. bacon used l'oreal hair dye. maybe they should put him in one of their ads. screaming popes. nameless horrors. because you're worth it.

ALL women hate those Nivea ads with that velvet limbed cowbag posing like a fish supper.

She is referred to as that Smug Nivea Bitch by many women I am acquainted with

Originally posted by Pantone247
She had no soul, her eyes were so vacant, and her head just rocked from side to side as she talked.... no soul I tells ya! Tellingly she was always filmed standing in Trinity... pricks...
I liked the footage of her singing as well...them Ballroom boys should be snapping her up before it's too late

Or what about that advert for that yogurt Benecol crap with the two fucking air-heads of wans. They're both off to the cinema and one of them asks that other why she is full of energy. reason being she takes care of her digestion after we've flashed with the image of an empty pizza box. jesus.

what about those TV3 shite 'Have you been in an accident in the past year?', 'would you like to sue your best friend?'. Even worst, those damn pen adds that can even pierce through cans of coke. Great for stabbing like.

POWER TO CHANGE A POSTER

This is real!

Somebody fiddled with Gods Posters on Pearse st.

Attachments

• change.jpg
    change.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 141
Oh, and let's not forget - Sky One, any weekday between about 10am and 4pm:

Songs 4 Worship - they're, like, FOR worship, but there's actually 4 CDs, so, d'ya geddit?

(Neatly links ads and the whole Power to Change buzz)

Re: POWER TO CHANGE A POSTER

Originally posted by joseppi
This is real!

Somebody fiddled with Gods Posters on Pearse st.
Ah, it was a mess then. I'd heard about that and thought it was on the poster by design. Wouldn't have been surprised though.

it is buh, cos i've seen it on other ones too.

i think.

maybe gods messing with me.

NEW GATOR-GRIP! IT'S A WRENCH! IT'S A HAMMER! IT'S 173 TOOLS IN ONE! IT EVEN WORKS ON THE MOON!

etc.

I remember seeing Eric Estrada doing an informercial for some dietary shit. Remember Eric Estrada? He was Ponch from Chips. Everyone wanted to be Ponch. John Baker would be the one who'd stand by you when things go bad, but Ponch had that devil-may-care latino charm that we all fell under. Eric Estrada also featured in a film called Guns.

And I'll say it... AIB ads are fucking strange. Nobody in AIB has a clue what they're about.

Yea pantone, the Womderbra ad gets as bad as "its galtee" when they introduce the stooooopid tag line and try to interact with the model. but...
"hey lets degign a new bra ad"
"how about getting a stunning woman to just dance aroud her house in her underwear"
"genius!"

the rest is just padding

(groan)

have you ever seen that add (can't remember channel) with the golfer who is trying to flog a scientifically superior, urnanium tipped, non-rusting, sexily designed Golf Club Set.

during the add he attempts to break the world driving-range* record and on his third attempt does so. Punching the air and shouting "Yeahhhhh" he goes on to tell us that none of this would have been possible without said golf set...

he is such a prick

*golf knowledge zero**

** good name for a band...maybe not

OH JESUS, HOW COULD I FORGET

Any ad that involvs someone using the product and being transported to some magical place. Ususlly involvng them in some computer generated world looking around in wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back