Ad's Of The Year, 2002 (2 Viewers)

You know what I love?

Those bargain basement 10 second ads RTE and UTV used to show all the time - just a card, usually with a picture of a nice leather 3 piece suite, or a cow with mastitis, and a voiceover.

It came as quite a shock* to me to learn at a Billy Connolly show a few years ago that no other country in the world has ads like that. And he'd know, being a well travelled man.

*= and yet, didn't.

Oh!
I have a new one!
The wan where the blind bint sexually assaults her local shopkeeper, all in the name of buying a loaf of Brennans

warra bout that song on the centra add, with the dumbos having a scap, the youth having the sex and the mingingest looking red haired knacker bint on earth.

centra.... for the way we live today...

which is what exactly? above our means?

Originally posted by snakybus
What about the skangers in the red jumpers

"Come dowen to Pewer Sitty an buy a telly or I'll fuckin' stick a syringe in yer gullet, aroi'?"

well excuse me, mr. poshy pants... :)

Bring back the Surf Ads with yer man that fancied Biddy the Lezzer, says I

Yer wan Quinn
well. I mean you'd think she'd get some decent style on with all that money, but no. A curly wig haired rock style throwback she is.

Ah but what about that superhero guy coming in, with his woife going "Did you get Dr. Destructo" etc...worth it just for the "Well done love" at the end...

That fucking Denny's ad..."When's gran coming over? No, me other gran"......nnnnnnnnaaaargh!

Anyone remember that ad with Fidelma from Glenroe....(coyly) "You'll be glad you called".
Hold me back woman!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by snakybus

I don't recognise any of these ads, I mustn't watch much box. Actually now that I think of it, I usually turn down the ads and read some of my book.

"oh deary me, look at that now, they've gone and put the ads on the telly box again. pass the zapper there charles, i feel like taking in a few lines of zen and the art of..."

Gillian Quinn would take a slap. Her sister is that wan Valerie Roe....

Or One Direct.. with the wan from Glenroe... and Maxi for the auld farts thinking of having an affair...

Originally posted by kirstie
Bring back the Surf Ads with yer man that fancied Biddy the Lezzer, says I
They were the fucking business!

"Are you happy?......because if you're not Lever Bros will give you your money back"

Originally posted by michaelknight
Ah but what about that superhero guy coming in, with his woife going "Did you get Dr. Destructo" etc...worth it just for
Yeah!

YEAH!

But like, is that his MA or his wife? I have been wonderin - cos he's about say, a 5 and she's like, a -10

"Ah well done love"

or those FUuuuuuuckin ads for cream where the worlds most boring / thick lady drones on but it's ok cos she can cuke with the cream

Those bargain basement 10 second ads RTE and UTV used to show all the time - just a card, usually with a picture of a nice leather 3 piece suite, or a cow with mastitis, and a voiceover.

and the voiceover person always sounded like they'd been heavily dosed with tranquillizers before doing the ad.

"sale...sale...sale...come to the exciting shoe sale in brennans of mullingar...sale"

Originally posted by pete
The best ones of them are always on All-Ireland day. "O'Shea's Carpets, Edgeworthstown" or something.

Originally posted by Knacker
Gillian Quinn would take a slap. Her sister is that wan Valerie Roe....

Or One Direct.. with the wan from Glenroe... and Maxi for the auld farts thinking of having an affair...

remember the ad for the jam rags where yer wan was sitting in her office drinking chardonnay and drawing bleedin' sanitary towels?

Genius

Originally posted by kirstie
[B}or those FUuuuuuuckin ads for cream where the worlds most boring / thick lady drones on but it's ok cos she can cuke with the cream [/B]
Especially because it's so brutally done..."You are so interesting. You are the most interesting person ever etc.". I mean Jaysus, a bit o' subtely there lads. Could ye not have indicated it in an indirect manner or something?

Originally posted by Knacker
Ivomec Pour On. Kills Fluke, Liver Fluke and farm AIDS.

These ads will make a comeback now Ireland has no more money.
Remember the one where yer man BELTED the shliotar....."Kills Fluke" (SMASH!)..."Liver Fluke"....(SMASH!) etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back