Ad's Of The Year, 2002 (3 Viewers)

Re: Night Owls

Originally posted by Wooly
Such a kip.

Anyone see they 'changed' it to
IL MONDO

And supposedly it features all the wonders of the world

It surely cannot surpass the Abrakebabra ad which has lots of 'stars' in it, such as Britney Spears and Ali G

Re: Re: Night Owls

Originally posted by kirstie
It surely cannot surpass the Abrakebabra ad which has lots of 'stars' in it, such as Britney Spears and Ali G

How DID they get Clint Eastwood for that ad?

Marketing Genius.

Re: Re: Night Owls

I know someone who's in that ad.....hee hee

he's rather new, but he's a super guy with a vital personality

in anyway

me new ad to love to hate is the one for coffee where the frumpy lass with the curly hair lassoes the man who looks slightly like Johnny Depp

it's just so....so...stupid

in anyway

me new ad to love to hate is the one for coffee where the frumpy lass with the curly hair lassoes the man who looks slightly like Johnny Depp

it's just so....so...stupid
What are you on about? It's bleedin' deadly. Go on the sisterhood!

Here, listen. This is serious business. If anyone, anytime, anywhere, comes across that Triple 'A' Golden Maverick ad on an old video or something, I will pay money to see it. No messin'. With the proviso that it must be bleedin' Harry in it. If not, no deal.

Many years ago I was introduced to a friend of a friend. This chap was introduced as 'Rashers'. The reason being, he had appeared in an ad for Denny or Galtee Rashers in the eighties. It was the ad that had a young kid in it saying "Me name is Rashers, I've had me tea" or something like that. He is still known as Rashers today. I am told he has ended up as one of those guys you see pushing a shopping trolley full of wood, wearing a dressing gown and odd shoes.
So, spare a thought for the child stars of ads gone past.

I posted the full lyrics of this some time ago
let me see if I can still recall them...

me name is rasher see / I have these flashes see / about the naturdaaal taste of bacon as it used to be / and now I'm tolt / what's new is old / or rather old style rashers I'll be enjoyin for me tea / and off rasher dashes / to demolishes the rashers

etc etc

Originally posted by Wilbert
Many years ago I was introduced to a friend of a friend. This chap was introduced as 'Rashers'. The reason being, he had appeared in an ad for Denny or Galtee Rashers in the eighties. It was the ad that had a young kid in it saying "Me name is Rashers, I've had me tea" or something like that. He is still known as Rashers today. I am told he has ended up as one of those guys you see pushing a shopping trolley full of wood, wearing a dressing gown and odd shoes.

for someone so gifted to end up like that
there's just no justice in the world

me name is rashau, see

well see it was the ad agency what wrote it and what decided on the dodgy chromake-d background

rasher was just a pawn in their cured meat game

Originally posted by Wilbert

ah remember him.

we had our moments.

prick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back