AC/DC - Thunderstruck (1 Viewer)

I got 3 front standing for the first Wembley gig within a few minutes of going on sale. Dynamic pricing has kicked in and the remaining ones in that section are up to £344 each,

I took advantage of having a Long Term Illness and got 1 plus a carer's ticket yesterday. It will require submission of documents and could presumably be turned down but I doubt it. A long Term Illness Card is one of the types of documents and I have one of those. Worked out at €93 each, still too much.

I took advantage of having a Long Term Illness and got 1 plus a carer's ticket yesterday. It will require submission of documents and could presumably be turned down but I doubt it. A long Term Illness Card is one of the types of documents and I have one of those. Worked out at €93 each, still too much.
Pincer movement with the early sale and govt card
Nice day's work all the same

It never occurred to me until now to use that route. Certainly changes things for the future.
I have submitted my documents, we'll see what happens now.

It never occurred to me until now to use that route. Certainly changes things for the future.
I have submitted my documents, we'll see what happens now.

Nobody gives you a guide book when you contract a long term illness - more than 50% of what i recieve to live on I found out about by accident.

We work on a lot of rare childhood diseases and the parents all say one of the first things they’re told by their consultant is “I don’t know much about it, you should google it” 🤯

We were told "don't "
I still havent.

I know enough at this stage.

Eoins mum being a pediatric nurse has been the biggest source of info. But she doesn't nearly know everything we should

Told this before, but My house is on Clonliffe Road and I can remember when the regular concert series started back up
We had Westlife in r possibly Boyzone - whichever one has Keith Duffy in it
And I was feeling very superior to all these rubes and idiots that would show up to a boy and arena show. I mean like fucking really.

One of the joys of living there is that on event days, you can stand at your front door with a cup of tea and watch thousands of people go by. A literal stream of humanity

I've never seen so many disabled kids, either with parents or in groups, or with friends.
And the fucking joy of it all. This was before we were all talking about inclusion as a thing as much as we do now

And I felt happy for these kids, and wondered why my own scene - such that it was - was lacking that unfettered joy. (It was because we were a bunch of poseury fucks looking to out-cool one another to make up for something empty inside us - but I didn't know that then)

But it did honestly change my thinking about music and the world and how much love is possible in it.
It turns out that infinite love is possible, because it's everywhere, if we let it in and work at it.

Anyways, old man likes to tell stories. Repeats himself.

Love to all.

And I felt happy for these kids, and wondered why my own scene - such that it was - was lacking that unfettered joy. (It was because we were a bunch of poseury fucks looking to out-cool one another to make up for something empty inside us - but I didn't know that then)
Seeing as we're repeating ourselves here ... I got over my music snobbery about pop music when the kids were little, but took me until I was playing in a bar band in my mid-40s to realise that the joy of people singing along to Country Roads or Sweet Caroline is just as real and valid as any joy I've ever experienced

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back