AC/DC - Thunderstruck (1 Viewer)

some 21st birthday party, royal hotel in bray, c.1993, sonny knowles in the adjacent function room. stole a random disc from the back of the dj's 7" box which turned out to be the national anthem. snapped it in two and buried it in the cake. at the end of the night the dj was distraught and had to apologise for not playing the anthem "for the first time ever".

fun at the time, kinda regret it now. sonny knowles was class.
i can't believe you posted that online, you could probably lose your job for admitting that

some 21st birthday party, royal hotel in bray, c.1993, sonny knowles in the adjacent function room. stole a random disc from the back of the dj's 7" box which turned out to be the national anthem. snapped it in two and buried it in the cake. at the end of the night the dj was distraught and had to apologise for not playing the anthem "for the first time ever".

fun at the time, kinda regret it now. sonny knowles was class.

I tried to nick a train out of Galway station when I was langers about 19-years-old
Had the engine roaring, just couldn't figure out the dead man's pedal.
I thought it was gas at the time.

Shear fuckwit behaviour.

Stole the actual train driver's lunch. Out and out prick.

I tried to nick a train out of Galway station when I was langers about 19-years-old
Had the engine roaring, just couldn't figure out the dead man's pedal.
I thought it was gas at the time.

Shear fuckwit behaviour.

Stole the actual train driver's lunch. Out and out prick.

were you rumbled or did you just give up? were there people on board?

Chased out of the station by the driver, who got his lunch back.

All's well etc.
Quite a story though. If you did it these days it'd be all over the internets in minutes (cos your mate thought it would be gas craic to live tweet it) and you'd probably be in jail.

Quite a story though. If you did it these days it'd be all over the internets in minutes and you'd probably be in jail.

It's quite a story only because I never got arrested, so the stupidity of the endeavour took a long time to sink in, rather than over a few hours in a cell as the booze wore off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Axl can walk now. I kind of wish I was going to see this freakshow in a few weeks.

It is impressive how fucking METAL Germany is

Like half the dates are in Germany, if you include Austria

Wild that they aren't going to Scandinavia.

I think I'm excited about this even though they looked/sounded fairly ropey on some of the comeback gig videos going around but the crowd were also shit. Great setlist though!

Just checked the ticket price inflation from 2015 at Wembley. I paid £86 for a standing ticket there (only one type of standing on sale) and now it's £129 for 'main pitch standing' and £146 for 'front pitch standing'.

Can't see any info on the Ticketmaster website about Croker prices, but the papers say €86

Wonder how much the pitch costs

Can't see any info on the Ticketmaster website about Croker prices, but the papers say €86

Wonder how much the pitch costs
No doubt there'll be pitch €130, Gold Circle €170, Gold Gold Circle €200, VIP €250, Gold VIP €300, Gold VIP Circle €500, Front Row €700, Front Row with a drink €1000. Oh and the Gold Circle will extend to beyond the sound desk ie: 60% of the pitch.

No doubt there'll be pitch €130, Gold Circle €170, Gold Gold Circle €200, VIP €250, Gold VIP €300, Gold VIP Circle €500, Front Row €700, Front Row with a drink €1000. Oh and the Gold Circle will extend to beyond the sound desk ie: 60% of the pitch.

Right

High Voltage level €300
Highway to Hell level €500
Back In Black level €700
Hells Bells level €1000
Forty-Two, Thirty-Nine, Fifty-Six level €1500

It is nuts that these geebags can keep the ticket prices of these big gigs a secret, until people are sat on a computer with a timer counting down saying buy now or you are out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back