oscars (1 Viewer)

How come right-thinking folk haven't disregarded the Oscars as fatuous artless coporate ego massage in the same way the Grammys have been? I find the Oscars to be just a hopelessly skullcrushingly awful affair.

whats the chance of Persepolis beating Ratatouille ?

Best Animated Feature
Persepolis
Ratatouille
Surf's Up

How come right-thinking folk haven't disregarded the Oscars as fatuous artless coporate ego massage in the same way the Grammys have been? I find the Oscars to be just a hopelessly skullcrushingly awful affair.

I agree. But it's usually a good time to look back on the films from last year when the nominations come out.
It is a big industry circle-jerk though.

...because Billy Crystal is involved?

18428_large.jpg

can't wait to see 'there will be blood'.

i won't be watching it, but i hope it actually happens cause you can't say hansard hasn't paid his dues. it would be a pisser if the chance of being exposed to that many people was taken away cause the strike wasn't sorted out.

I would actually like to see glen hansard get the oscar - all slagging aside he seems alright and his song is probably better than the others.

Melissa etheridge won it last year. Anyone see her at live earth - every song had a breakdown middle bit where her band kept the beat going while she went on for 20 minutes along the following lines "we all have to make choices about who we are what we are where we are going no matter whether you're black white straight or gay democrat or republican this is our world and nobody can take itaway from us or our children and our childrens' children because we are different we can make a change we can make a difference each one of us can stand tall and be counted can stand with our brothers or sisters as one world united without being uniformed and true to ourselves and who we really are . . . . . . . .

I would actually like to see glen hansard get the oscar - all slagging aside he seems alright and his song is probably better than the others.

It's a fantastically tough business as most of us know.
Can't say I'm a huge fan but fair play to him.

This means he'll be part of the show, right?
Assuming there is a show, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back