Scorsese, Allen, Aronofsky&others join "FREE POLANSKI" petition (1 Viewer)

compare polanski to milos forman, only a year different in age, both from WWII eastern europe, both forman's parents died in concentration camps (so he wins the 'hey i suffered so much you guys, give a guy a break' competition) - forman has notably NOT used this as an excuse to rape children, and has made many films vastly superior to the shlock-dross polanski churns out.
fuck polanski the poison rutting dwarf and may he rot in hollywood hell.

compare polanski to milos forman, only a year different in age, both from WWII eastern europe, both forman's parents died in concentration camps (so he wins the 'hey i suffered so much you guys, give a guy a break' competition) - forman has notably NOT used this as an excuse to rape children, and has made many films vastly superior to the shlock-dross polanski churns out.
fuck polanski the poison rutting dwarf and may he rot in hollywood hell.

what are you, malcolm gladwell?

I dunno about that. I'd prefer Chinatown or Frantic to anything Forman has done. Polanski is a way more interesting film-maker even if he does turn out more total misfires than great movies. And, I know it's totally silly to try and quantify people's trauma and compare it's severity to other people's trauma, but since you are doing it anyway by pointing out that both of Forman's parent's died in the camps compared to just one of Polanski's, how many of Forman's wives have been brutally slaughtered by homicidal death cults?

I dunno about that. I'd prefer Chinatown or Frantic to anything Forman has done. Polanski is a way more interesting film-maker even if he does turn out more total misfires than great movies. And, I know it's totally silly to try and quantify people's trauma and compare it's severity to other people's trauma, but since you are doing it anyway by pointing out that both of Forman's parent's died in the camps compared to just one of Polanski's, how many of Forman's wives have been brutally slaughtered by homicidal death cults?
you'd prefer chinatown to one flew over the cuckoo's nest?
as to deaths of loved ones, ok, maybe polanski's butchered wife cancels out forman's ethnically cleansed father. that still makes them nil-all, with no kiddie-rapes on forman's score-card.

Just so we know the world hasn't totally gone crazy

Thankfully, rape is still funny on The View

YouTube- Sofia Vergara On The View

Poor Whoopi nearly chokes

amazing show.
one of those mongos thinks the world is flat

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i love creationists

There's a daily TV3 version of The View / Loose Women, I've only ever seen ads for but I imagine that it's the greatest show of all time.

Polanski prepares for luxury Alpine house arrest
By FRANK JORDANS (AP) – 1 hour ago

GSTAAD, Switzerland — After two months in a Swiss jail, Roman Polanski prepared Thursday for the splendid captivity of his $1.6 million chalet in one of world's most luxurious winter resorts.

Polanski will have views of snowcapped Alpine peaks, spacious rooms and the all the amenities of a town with a reputation for catering to the wishes of the rich and famous.

But he won't be able to go out the front door.

In this isolated bastion of wealth — which Elizabeth Taylor once called home and Michael Jackson visited — the 76-year-old director will be placed under house arrest as soon as he posts $4.5 million bail, surrenders his identity documents and is fitted for an electronic bracelet that allows authorities to monitor his whereabouts.

The Justice Ministry declined Thursday to appeal a court decision granting Polanski bail, and said it would release him from jail while it considers whether to extradite him to the United States for having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl.

"He must not leave this house," the ministry said in a statement.

Should he violate the terms of release, the bail will be forfeited to the Swiss government, it added.

Even without stepping outside, Polanski's life will improve from the small detention cell he had in Zurich with a sink, toilet, television and storage compartment.

Gstaad (pronounced guh-SHTAHD) offers a range of quality restaurants and hotels, and "people here can order food to their chalets any time," said Marlene Mueller of the local tourism agency.

From the gourmet shop Pernet Comestibles, fine food such as fresh oysters, Swiss cheeses and a range of whiskies and wine can be delivered.
And, even though Polanski may now be the world's most famous fugitive, most locals are likely to leave him alone.
local swiss finishing schools have also pledged to supply the famous director with a high-quality supply of little girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back