Ireland (11 Viewers)

The Sunday afternoon oldies show on Tipp is the best of its kind anywhere.

I don't know where they do be pulling them lower chart positioned 60s' obscurities from and the dedications do be gas.

"And that great track peaked at no. 76 this week in 1965"

I think we are, or at least I am personally, super-lucky with the current Irish stereotype that people have, which is basically "friendly and fun"

In Ireland I'm a total lightweight, but at any work thing I go to it's all "egg_ brings the partaaaayyyy"
I'm not even considered Irish I think. Nationality lost due to lack of use.

I had a Brasilian woman ask me where I was from last week, because I had an interesting accent. You know the game's up when the Brasilians are calling bullshit on your aspirational Irish shite.

We're getting 24 hour bus service that will have a stop about 50m from our house, which is great. Also, in the last week or two, the bus lane has gone from 4pm to 7pm operation, to 24/7. I wonder has anyone told the parents of the kids in the nearby school who use the bus lane as a car park mornings and afternoons. Or the gardai, who don't bother policing parking in the bus lane directly outside the local station.

It's subscriber only, so I will share with you this absolute corker of a line:

"Principals say the policy has since extended to their “exclusion” from a growing number of grants, including free schoolbooks for students"
"Students in fee-charging schools had higher self-reported rates of stealing from a shop (18 per cent vs 12 per cent in other schools), behaving badly in public (22 per cent vs 10 per cent) or taking money or something else from school (11 per cent vs 5 per cent)."

You'd need to ask the question; is it because they're going to private schools or is it because rich people are more likely to try shit because they know they'll get away with it?

They don't know how to act out, so they do silly shit. Teenagers are gonna act out whatever their status.

Little shits though.

"Students in fee-charging schools had higher self-reported rates of stealing from a shop (18 per cent vs 12 per cent in other schools), behaving badly in public (22 per cent vs 10 per cent) or taking money or something else from school (11 per cent vs 5 per cent)."

Probably a direct correlation in terms of consequences for these actions

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back