Minor complaints thread (30 Viewers)

Like the sycamore and chestnut trees suddenly fruiting, festival season always catches me off guard. It reminds me that summer is in full swing and once again I'm not doing anything to enjoy it and it'll soon be over.

Oh well, well soon be dead
ef5ab41dc4819d072b4716a1ba706663.jpg

Smallish ones with punters mostly in their 40s~+ has gotten me back to liking them again.

I was at a kind of shit one recently (in terms of lineup) but having a 24hrs where the most taxing thing i had to do was drink cans and give people money to feed me and watch musicians do things was more or less heaven.

Bees are gone. Have to seal up the chimney with cement. By myself. Like some sort of capable grownup.
Fridge saga continues. Being passed from pillar to post. The latest is that a rep from the manufacturer will call in the next few days to troubleshoot the isuue. Something we already went through with them three weeks ago.
Meanwhile we can't keep any food fresh and the fridge has begun to smell funny.

Still, no bees.

Over the past few years I’ve taken to throwing in sets of strings from thomann(Harley Benton - excellent) or gear4music with orders (grand). So I’ve a box of them at the moment that I’m working through for weird builds and general normal guitar re stringing

Was restringing an arch top with bigsby last night, only to discover that the ball ends on gear4music strings are two small for bigsby, and the hb strings are too short.

A first world problem par excellence, but a ‘fucksake’ moment for sure

Bees are gone. Have to seal up the chimney with cement. By myself. Like some sort of capable grownup.
Fridge saga continues. Being passed from pillar to post. The latest is that a rep from the manufacturer will call in the next few days to troubleshoot the isuue. Something we already went through with them three weeks ago.
Meanwhile we can't keep any food fresh and the fridge has begun to smell funny.

Still, no bees.
All that Glastonbury coverage was giving me fucking desperate fomo. Even though I tried to avoid it.

But todays complaint is I have to pay for parking all day cos I'm working on Capel St.

My mother is going in for a new hip on Wednesday.

She'll likely be grand, she's in much better nick than my dad when he got one 2 years ago and he flew through it.

Still feeling anxious about her going under the knife all the same.
Much more straightforward procedure than twenty years ago.
Amazing how quickly People recover from hip replacements now.

Over the past few years I’ve taken to throwing in sets of strings from thomann(Harley Benton - excellent) or gear4music with orders (grand). So I’ve a box of them at the moment that I’m working through for weird builds and general normal guitar re stringing

Was restringing an arch top with bigsby last night, only to discover that the ball ends on gear4music strings are two small for bigsby, and the hb strings are too short.

A first world problem par excellence, but a ‘fucksake’ moment for sure

minor complaint has been rectified via purchase of more expensive (normal) set of strings...
and the as the reason for restringing was to allow fret leveling, the minor complaint is now a minor pleasure.

sure I don't know I'm born...really.

Much more straightforward procedure than twenty years ago.
Amazing how quickly People recover from hip replacements now.

In the past 2 years my dad has had a new one, my girlfriend's mother got one that week, and another a year later, and my GF's aunt got one too, all flew through them. As you say, amazing what they can do now to a very high success rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back