What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Scoob! The kid liked it, it was OK. Scooby Doo talks too much.

There are some nice background references to stuff - a big Casey's Creations sign at the start, then Hannah's shop,with Barbera's next door to it - BUT...

Towards the start of the film there's a poster above Shaggy's bed for The Impossibles:

vlcsnap-2020-10-26-01h10m37s470.png

Look at the tour dates...

vlcsnap-2020-10-26-01h06m02s681.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-26-01h07m04s459.png

Last edited:
Watched the original Borat with the fam. The lads loved it. I thought I'd seen it before but no, this was new to me. Funnier than I thought it would be.
Rebecca last night, got bored after 45 mins, gave up.

The Secret Garden (2020)

Woeful. Leaves out anything that makes the story even a little bit coherent, skirts all the colonization stuff and replaces it with "we Brits had it tough during the blitz as well", and makes the central story to be about how motherhood is nice or whatever.

Latest Halloween watches have been:

Get Out - still excellent but perhaps not as blown away by it as when I saw it first
Scream - great fun altogether and long enough ago that I had forgotten who the killer was
Hotel Transalvania - sure, why not.
Vampires vs. The Bronx - light-hearted Stranger Things style flick that has some fun with imagining vampires as being the vanguard of gentrification.

I watched Usand The Other Lanb. Both were different from my expectations but very enjoyable. The Other Lamb was filmed in Wicklow and looks amazing.

The Wolf of Snow Hollow. Really liked this creature feature. A fine addition to the droll, funny werewolf genre. It rattles along at a good pace and the lead actor - who also wrote and directed it - is great. I'm also going to check out his previous film Thunder Road as I hear it's good.

The Lair of the White Worm

One of the daftest things I've watched in a long time. I wasn't expecting it to be a comedy. It makes Rawhead Rex look like Tarkovsky.

I wish they'd dispensed with the humour and filmed it in Italian then it would sit comfortably with other "sexploitation" horrors

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Isn't that the one that's supposed to show how far down the road of syphilis his mind had gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back