What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Going for a mini-season of Halloween-themed movies (hence Donnie Darko last night). Gimme other suggestions ...... 15/16 rated horror is fine but not the more hardcore stuff (e.g. Halloween).
Currently rewatching the woman in black. So good.

don’t look now, rosemary’s baby?

Currently rewatching the woman in black. So good.

don’t look now, rosemary’s baby?
I was going to recommend Don’t Look Now but given the 6-hour sex scene in the middle I figured that could be more horrific than the rest of the film if it’s teenagers watching with their parents!

I wonder how that film holds up. I remember watching Body Snatchers at 2 o'clock in the morning and it freaking the fuck out of me when i was a youngster.

Last time i saw it was like at 2pm on a sunday on bbc 2.

Yeah I think I could leave Don’t Look Now for a bit yet. Having said that, we went to Venice back in the days when travel was a thing so there is that.

Sixth Sense went down well enough. As a rewatch though - it’s not such a great film. Once you know the twist it’s a bit boring.

I wonder how that film holds up. I remember watching Body Snatchers at 2 o'clock in the morning and it freaking the fuck out of me when i was a youngster.

Last time i saw it was like at 2pm on a sunday on bbc 2.
Don’t Look Now holds up as does Body Snatchers. A lot of the great 70s scaries do.

@hugh would Near Dark be too hardcore for them? That film ruled when i was a 15/16 year old into horror movies

I'm in the scare the shite out of them while you can school of thought. My lifelong love of the genre is because I saw Zombie Flesh Eaters et al when they came out on VHS.

I couldn't pull the curtains in my bedroom for about 4 years after seeing Salem's Lott on the telly.

Horror films lost a lot of power the older I got. They're still the best movies but they aren't as scary. I love seeing my kid white as a ghost with supernatural terror...in fact any kind of terror. I'm reliving my youth it's class.

went to see Don't Look Now in BFI last year. Was great to see it in a cinema.

on that, went to see The Exorcist in the Capital Cinema in Cork on its 25th anniversary back in 1998. That was a great cinema/horror watching experience. Huge crowd there, all really into it . And I went in having limited knowledge of the movie

I've actually never seen Blair Witch ...

Cornu - most of that's a bit strong. But Psycho is definitely on the list. I'm pushing for The Shining but not getting much enthusiasm about that.

I love Prince Of Darkness! Actually that was the first film I saw in the cinema after they banned smoking in cinemas. I was a big smoker at that time and Christ I was dying for a fag after about 20 minutes.

It's looking like Sixth Sense for this evening.
Think you should pencil in the Blair Witch some night. Potential to be a big hit

We watched Borat last night..was alright. I was tired and wasn't in the mood for laughing. The daughter loved it, naturally.

Orphan yesterday. I forgot I saw it when it came out. It's good if you haven't seen it. Still good fun otherwise.

The first 30 mins of Rebecca the other night but it got shitcanned by the elderly woman and her daughter I was watching it with. I'm gonna finish it though. I loved the book and the original movie.

@hugh I recommend The Visit for a light scare.

Don’t Look Now holds up as does Body Snatchers. A lot of the great 70s scaries do.

@hugh would Near Dark be too hardcore for them? That film ruled when i was a 15/16 year old into horror movies

I love Near Dark .... and haven't seen it for a long time. So good call.

went to see Don't Look Now in BFI last year. Was great to see it in a cinema.

on that, went to see The Exorcist in the Capital Cinema in Cork on its 25th anniversary back in 1998. That was a great cinema/horror watching experience. Huge crowd there, all really into it . And I went in having limited knowledge of the movie
I saw The Exorcist too at that time. I was only 14 and my uncle brought me to the Ormonde in Stillorgan to see it. I only knew of it by reputation and was totally unprepared for it - it was class!

I'm in the scare the shite out of them while you can school of thought. My lifelong love of the genre is because I saw Zombie Flesh Eaters et al when they came out on VHS.

I couldn't pull the curtains in my bedroom for about 4 years after seeing Salem's Lott on the telly.

Horror films lost a lot of power the older I got. They're still the best movies but they aren't as scary. I love seeing my kid white as a ghost with supernatural terror...in fact any kind of terror. I'm reliving my youth it's class.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was about 18 when Blair Witch came out. It gave me a good scare.

I was driving so had to drop off a few people on the way home from Maghera cinema down the back arse of Bellaghy and Ballyscullion. Lonely, dark roads full of overhanging trees.

So the point of the story, i get home and there's a fucking kitchen chair sitting in the middle of the car hole.

Ive never figured it out.

But that was some bullshit.

Pretending i wasn't scared shitless. Stopping the car, fucking the chair out of the way, driving in, closing the garage door and running back to the house without being murdered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back