What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Isn't that the one that's supposed to show how far down the road of syphilis his mind had gone?
The siff?

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com

xsteox

31 A Rob Zombie film about a group of carnival workers being hunted for the amusement and gambling of a group of older, wealthier people. Very violent and gritty. I liked it. Good film.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Police Academy seeing as it just got added to Netflix. Always good to check back in on the classics in full instead of just catching a few minutes on ITV4 a few times a year although I don't think they usually show the first one.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Solutions
It's either called Brainwash or Circle of Power, I'm not sure which. Some office losers go on a corporate leadership bootcamp and things get a bit weird. Fairly entertaining.

hw2peu.jpg

Anthony

Since 2000
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Watched 'Joy'. I remember Jennifer Lawrence being heralded as the next big thing, this is the first time I've seen her in anything and fair enough, she was very good.
This first half of Joy is great. Really stressful, well done. Then at some point the film collapses. We barely made it to the end.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Bram Stoker's Dracula. Had never seen it, artier direction than I thought it'd have.

Story with the accents?
I love/hate this movie. It looks beautiful and is mostly enjoyable but there is something about it that goes badly wrong. The accents are one of the problems but the overall pacing is off too. Great scenes and set pieces, then lots of overlong filler stuff and hammy acting, even from the good actors in the cast .

That said I bought it and rewatch it from time to time only to go through all the mixed emotions again every time.

I should probably just stick to the comic adaptation

therealjohnny

Supporter
I watched this again. Still great fun.

My Dad bought the soundtrack when it came out. He hasn't listened to it in 50 years..I might claim it off him.

Unicron

Supporter
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I love/hate this movie. It looks beautiful and is mostly enjoyable but there is something about it that goes badly wrong. The accents are one of the problems but the overall pacing is off too. Great scenes and set pieces, then lots of overlong filler stuff and hammy acting, even from the good actors in the cast .

That said I bought it and rewatch it from time to time only to go through all the mixed emotions again every time.

I should probably just stick to the comic adaptation

I've never read the book either but skimmed the wiki after the movie to see what differences there might be between it and film. But the looks of it there was plenty in the book that might have taken 40 pages that was skimmed over in 5 seconds of overdubbed exposition. Always the same with book adaptations but it messed up the pacing of the film a bit I think, and it was over 2 hours anyway.

therealjohnny

Supporter
I watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - the 2011 film the other night, having watched the original series last week.

In the film they pronounced Toby Easterhase's surname as "Easter-house". In the series they pronounced it "Easter-hayzee".

It was slightly annoying.

They made a few other( and less trivial) changes from the series to the film but it still stands up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads