Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

All this browbeating of millennials in the media lately. "Generation snowflake"
As with the whole hipster thing, its just a load of sanctimonious old wind bags patronizing the younger generation.

Last edited:
All this millennial/ generation snowflake shite in the media.
As with the whole hipster thing, its just a load of sanctimonious old wind bags patronizing the younger generation.

The Millenivval's I work with today are a great bunch of forward thinking people who are no better or worse than the grunge kids that I was, or the emo kids after me at that age. They've a much better understanding of rights and diversity than I had at that age. That said, the occasional 'snowflake' moment happens here which catches me by surprise and I do actually think they are hitting a point of over sensitivity which is a result of a self curated social network. i.e. in the 'bubble' what they know, how they perceive events is lauded, then confronted with someone from another generation who has literally never experienced or heard either what they or talking about or the terms they are using. They get shocked that someone is so out of touch, and the people outside the millenivval bubble are confounded by the in depth level of sensitivity they've been confronted with

The Millenivval's I work with today are a great bunch of forward thinking people who are no better or worse than the grunge kids that I was, or the emo kids after me at that age. They've a much better understanding of rights and diversity than I had at that age. That said, the occasional 'snowflake' moment happens here which catches me by surprise and I do actually think they are hitting a point of over sensitivity which is a result of a self curated social network. i.e. in the 'bubble' what they know, how they perceive events is lauded, then confronted with someone from another generation who has literally never experienced or heard either what they or talking about or the terms they are using. They get shocked that someone is so out of touch, and the people outside the millenivval bubble are confounded by the in depth level of sensitivity they've been confronted with

Legit this is maybe one of the best summations of the intergenrational conflict re millenials/old people I've seen

Yeah, the self-curated social media bubble is pure nail on the head there. At the same time though, that also means the people getting snowflakey about certain things for the most part have no fuckin self-awareness that would enable to step out of that bubble for an instant, which generally can also be equated to "fuckwits"

'social media bubble' is an over-used buzz phrase

pretty much everyone who uses social media a lot spends hours reading comments threads full of people totally opposed to their point of view so it really doesn't hold at all.

like, the internet is mainly arguments

'social media bubble' is an over-used buzz phrase

pretty much everyone who uses social media a lot spends hours reading comments threads full of people totally opposed to their point of view so it really doesn't hold at all.

like, the internet is mainly arguments

I agree. I disagree with huge amounts of stuff I see posted on social media. Except this of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back