I'm going to buy a record player................... (3 Viewers)

How basic is basic? Are you talking a €50-100 jobbie from Argos or the likes (avoid) or a €200-400 entry level turntable from a good brand? Cloney Audio in Blackrock (and the Dawson St. Tower Records) do the Rega RP1 for €300 which is a nice player. I think a similarly good Pro-Ject turntable would cost you about the same but not sure where stocks them in Dublin.

I would also check places like Adverts.ie and DoneDeal. I got my Rega Planar 2 on Adverts for €200 and aside from a hiccup with it yesterday, I have had nearly 6 years of heavy use out of it with no problems.

I think I could stretch to 300. Its a good chunk of cash but its a one-time thing, and I suppose I'd have it for good then.

Cheers though, I'll look into that (Rega RP1).

I got a Rega RP1 a while back to replace a cheapo one I'd had for years. No complaints so far.

The only thing that was a bit of a pain was having to buy a small table for it to sit on next to my stereo. It's a lot bigger than the one it replaced and wouldn't sit on top of my amp and cd player.

I have a nice record player I'm not using if anyone wants it

I just gave away that record player to a facebooker

1210 with brand new cartridge and stylus

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

giphy.gif

Go for the RP6. It's over a grand, it will make you hear all those notes you didn't know were on your records like H# and J.
ha ha, a bleedin grand. Just to think of all the things I could do with a grand.

I actually ordered the RP1 from some crowd in Sandyford. 300 lids. That'll do me!

cheers to you and @ilovehoovering for the input

Bump

has anyone pulled the trigger on a turntable lately?

I need to get one and need to start doing my research. Something basic enough will do the job for me.
I got a Dual turntable from Cloney Audio up in Tower for €299. It's an excellent entry-level jobby and is working just fine for me.

I also went second hand for my amp and got a Rotel for fifty quid. There's good in them there hills.

Be interested to hear how you get on with the Rega @scutter?
picked this up this morning. Its great. Nice, tidy little unit, easy to set up. Not mad about the cover but I leave that off when I'm using it.

The only problem is that the sound isn't as good as I'd like plugging it into the shitty amp in my crappy hi-fi. Which means I'd better expedite acquiring a half-decent amp for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back