I'm going to buy a record player................... (1 Viewer)

I've upgraded from the Stageline. I got a Rega RP1 with the performance pack. A Marantz PM5004 amp, a Marantz CD6004 cd player & 2 Q-acoustics 2020i speakers. Have 4 speakers connected to the amp now. Mmmm.

Have the record player sorted. Can anyone recommend where to get a pretty cheap record box in Dublin? I've only about 10 LPs so far so not looking for anything too major. Just something sturdy enough that won't collapse if anyone sits on it or the like

Why a box? Why not get shelves? Chances are you will continue to by more records so the box will be full soon enough(Don't they generally only hold about 50 records?)

I was way off on the price. It was more like €360 something from Richer sounds in Belfast. I went the upgrade version. The regular RP-1
is cheaper. I got some stuff from Savins in Limerick after that. if I had of known about Savins beforehand I would have gotten the whole set up from them. Support our own kind of thing

Have the record player sorted. Can anyone recommend where to get a pretty cheap record box in Dublin? I've only about 10 LPs so far so not looking for anything too major. Just something sturdy enough that won't collapse if anyone sits on it or the like
What player did you get and where Sleepy?
I'm on the lookout for one myself now!

Why a box? Why not get shelves? Chances are you will continue to by more records so the box will be full soon enough(Don't they generally only hold about 50 records?)

I kind of figure that I'm probably not gonna get more than 50 records this year (although I could be wrong) so a decent box'll do for the time being. Book shelves are pretty full and saggy at the moment and don't really have room for more

there's a new hifi place on wicklow street, just a few yards up from tower.
my problem is that my amp has no phono stage, so i'd have to buy one of those too if i wanted a turntable.

Steepletone ST918 Record Player 3 Speed Turntable 1980 s Style Silver

I got one of these. The built in speakers are shit but if you hook it up to decent stereo and get yourself a copy of Hell Awaits by Slayer it sounds fucking awesome
Yeah I thought they might sound pretty crap. I'm looking for an old style record player with built in amp and speakers, but am probably looking at the 2nd hand route. I'd need longer to save for decent separates set-up, but might be worth it in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back