Minor complaints thread (36 Viewers)

Why are lights so expensive?

Unless it's bulbs you're talking about, there is usually always a more inexpensive fixture than you're being recommended - whether it's by an architect or an electrician.
"Is there something comparable for less money?"
"can I get the same effect without spending that?"
might be good questions to get used to asking.
Architects call it 'value engineering'. The idea that you can get essentially the same, for less.

Unless it's bulbs you're talking about, there is usually always a more inexpensive fixture than you're being recommended - whether it's by an architect or an electrician.
"Is there something comparable for less money?"
"can I get the same effect without spending that?"
might be good questions to get used to asking.
Architects call it 'value engineering'. The idea that you can get essentially the same, for less.
I am doing this all on my own, as in choosing the fixtures. I'll have to go to three different shops but I finally figured out what I want and shaved nearly two grand off the original picks, with more or less the same look. Apparently, I have expensive tastes. I have 30 lights to replace.

I am doing this all on my own, as in choosing the fixtures. I'll have to go to three different shops but I finally figured out what I want and shaved nearly two grand off the original picks, with more or less the same look. Apparently, I have expensive tastes. I have 30 lights to replace.

You could consider shopping up the north. At least browsing for things online, making some calls and making one journey.
It's a long way, but in the case of thousands, it might be worth it.

A lot of pubs and other business premises have shut down lately. There might be liquidation auctions going. Might get a good deal

A lot of pubs and other business premises have shut down lately. There might be liquidation auctions going. Might get a good deal
I've looked into it and might get some furniture that way. As for the lights, I'm sorted. It's the lowest possible price for the look and colour I can do. Trust me. I've spent hours. Actually days making sure.

I changed my phone network because the coverage was rubbish and now it takes 5 minutes for a page to load.
Fuuuuuucccccccckkkk yoooooouuuuu
Screenshot_2014-11-10-19-23-03.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back