Minor complaints thread (29 Viewers)

I don't watch it but Radio 1 this morning was spoiler city.

What are they supposed to do?
It's a popular cultural event that's happened already.

Facebook was like this last night. A friend of mine got called "an arsehole" by her brother for saying
"Poor Fran will have some job pottin the brown after that!!"

It's like asking people not to talk about the Eurovision.

Last edited:
Not giving out to anyone in particular..I just need to try harder to keep the blinkers on until I get to watch this

What are they supposed to do?
It's a popular cultural event that's happened already.

Facebook was like this last night. A friend of mine got called "an arsehole" by her brother for saying
"Poor Fran will have some job pottin the brown after that!!"

It's like asking people not to talk about the Eurovision.

I thought that these days it was fairly well accepted that not everyone watches TV shows as they are broadcast and usually people are good about not spoiling stuff on others. I don't care about this particular instance because I've no interest in the show but I thought firstly it was odd to be grilling RTE executives on a serious news show about whether there would be another series of a TV show and secondly a bit harsh on people who haven't watched it yet (RTE do run a catch up service for a reason). If you're stuck in a shop or a taxi with the radio on, you have to stick your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalalala" and no one wants to be that person.

I thought that these days it was fairly well accepted that not everyone watches TV shows as they are broadcast and usually people are good about not spoiling stuff on others. I don't care about this particular instance because I've no interest in the show but I thought firstly it was odd to be grilling RTE executives on a serious news show about whether there would be another series of a TV show and secondly a bit harsh on people who haven't watched it yet (RTE do run a catch up service for a reason). If you're stuck in a shop or a taxi with the radio on, you have to stick your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalalala" and no one wants to be that person.

Well he did preface the piece by making the point that if you don't want to know what happened, don't engage with media.

I think the very fact that it gets a segment on Morning Ireland shows that it's a special case.
And if they're gonna have it on, they can't talk around what happened.

They can hardly say, "I liked his runners"

always with the spoiler whinging. it's not that difficult to avoid spoilers. i've done so for many shows including the finales of breaking bad and boardwalk empire.

This is not quite the same. Well, probably similar to Breaking Bad in the US.
A million people in Ireland watched this last night. It's almost truly unavoidable.

always with the spoiler whinging. it's not that difficult to avoid spoilers. i've done so for many shows including the finales of breaking bad and boardwalk empire.

I would never expect to turn on the news in the morning and expect an update on Nucky Thomson. I'm not really annoyed by the spoilers but completely bemused at how popular this show is. I've struggled to watch more than five minutes of it at a time. It's really not that good. Even the people who like it don't seem to really rate it; today in work my mate said "You should watch it, it's great by RTE standards." I don't think that sounds as positive as he meant it to sound.

Well he did preface the piece by making the point that if you don't want to know what happened, don't engage with media.

Don't put on the news as there is a very odd chance that they're covering a TV show you haven't seen? I understand avoiding forums or entertainment sites but a serious news show? I wanted to know what was happening in the news today, not what was on last night's telly.

I think the very fact that it gets a segment on Morning Ireland shows that it's a special case.

Broadcaster in self-promotion shocker.

Don't put on the news as there is a very odd chance that they're covering a TV show you haven't seen? I understand avoiding forums or entertainment sites but a serious news show? I wanted to know what was happening in the news today, not what was on last night's telly.
Cultural events are news. It would be weird if they didn't mention it. Kinda, no?
And he was being light-hearted, I think. Something along the lines of "If you don't want to know what happened last night in Love/Hate, don't go on social media, read the paper or talk to anyone...... also don't listen to us for the next few minutes."

I honestly think they struck the right balance.

I only tuned in halfway through and as I said, I was more annoyed about not finding out any news on the way to work than I was about Love/Hate.

I hate getting the business news. Like I do not give a holy fuck.

I can't imagine what it's like for sports agnostics.

Wanted to restring a guitar at lunch. Low e-string went on grand. A, broke while going on, opened up another set of strings (hate doing that), got the A out of that, broke again. FFS

No other sets but I thought the problem might be with the nut or the saddle for the a. "I'll come back to it."

Moved on to the D. That breaks too.

Was passing a guitar shop and bought a third set of strings. Turns out the problem was that I had strung and tuned the E-string an octave up and it had remarkably not snapped. When I tried to tune the A and D however it was too much for them.

So now I have 3 sets of incomplete strings. 2 spare e's, no spare As, 1 spare D, and 2 spare of the rest of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back