Other Voices (3 Viewers)

Fucking Thread Rocks. Fair play to ya Dylan.

Weeehooo

I've been to this TV show a few times. It's actually a good buzz. For a few of the nights we managed to sneak in and for a couple of others we got tickets cause a mate was playing it. Some of the production staff are real up themselves about it though. One chick busted us trying to sneak in at the back of a queue told us we "don't know how it works down here". She then kissed our asses the following day when we had VICunt passes. It's a good way to see some bands in a small atmosphere with decent sound. A big part of it for me was being able to roam the mountains on acid during the day then take yokes and have a buzz at night.

I'm not actually, but whatever.

Wow, I 'll have to review my sweeping generalisations on neat, pretty and opinionated men.

Sorry. Not that it matters either way really, but I hate being wrong.

Excellent post there, I really had assumed it was all a muso-luvvie velvet-roped affair.

All ask me mates that played if they have any dirt about the festival, if they don't i'll just make some shit up

Will the same 5 "music journalists" be attending this for the billionth & be gloating about it all over twitter/instagram as if it's some sort of golden cow?

Probably.

Hopefully they've learned from the previous festivals this year that low-standard VIP areas are NOT OK. What will they do if Ireland's most important hype makers are not catered to?

Lads, does anyone actually watch the tv show? I think I've maybe watched 2 performances in the entirety of its run on the telly. Is it like all other Irish music tv, only watched by the local bands and their mates who appear? I recall many a moon ago there being something vaguely exciting about it, maybe it was before the internet totally jaded me as to access to music, live or otherwise. It just seems like a waste of space these days. The Irish media "frenzy" about it these days seems out of touch and pathetic, or wait, is Avici doing an acoustic set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back