Other Voices (1 Viewer)

ATDI @TBMC in dec 2001. See what i did there ?

At the time I though it was amazing, in hindsight and having seen a few clips on the internet it was probably dreadful.

Q How do they manage to play properly while still going berzerk?

A They don't

The Murder City Devils were good though, in hindsight they were probably pretty good.

In the moment it was a freak show. The sound awful, which probably masked the shit musical performance, they sure were entertaining though.

How can you remember how well it sounded? My main memory is the mic-stand in the crowd after about 20 seconds.

that and only getting in because my brother and @worthit had ID so they didn't bother to check me.

How can you remember how well it sounded? My main memory is the mic-stand in the crowd after about 20 seconds.

that and only getting in because my brother and @worthit had ID so they didn't bother to check me.
I was near the middle of the room and had a cold so I couldn't go mad. It was amazing to watch but not to listen to.

"There’s a perception that it’s a closed shop"

I get suspicious at denials.

Live review: Other Voices day three - Breaking News | Irish & International Headlines | The Irish Times - Wed, Dec 11, 2013

"Other Voices seems specially built for artists such as Obel; artful, thoughtful and quietly majestic, and she delivers a set that is full of charm and guile."

"As he [John Grant] took a final bow, many in the church were in tears."

The breathless proclaiming of Other Voices by Irish (music?) journalists is beyond absurd. Hope ye all can go back to ignoring the typical cry-wank artists that OV attracts for the rest of the year.

I was out in town last saturday night. It was a very risky move because if anyone had seen me they'd have known I wasn't at Other Voices and that would have been my reputation up in smoke.

but then I realised this wasn't possible because EVERYONE who was ANYONE was at other voices, hence couldn't have been out in town, hence couldn't have seen me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back