Show us yer pedalboard (2 Viewers)

nice one, any chance of a side view pic and an underside view pic?

Still need to tidy up the underneath a bit more with those hammer-in cable holder things.

You can see on the side view pic that if my power supplies were a bit smaller, they'd fit nicely on the opposite side of the bar that they're on.

finally ordered a pedalbaord but the size i wanted was out of stock so they upgraded me for the same price. kind of regret it as it weighs a fucking tonn in the supplied flightcase!
i also need a few smaller right-angled patch cables!
IMG_8552.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 243
story lads, not so much as a board, more of a floor. this was before i realised that not having the fuzz at the start of the chain was a bad idea [and i had to give my brother his tele back :( ]

i dunno what to do what that echo park, mostly i just want a clean channel, then something with a bit of crunch, followed up with an option to go one higher for face melting, if i could face melt.

since this picture was taken i've got a little 2nd hand kustom tube amp that jimi's guitar store souped up for me.

P1000432.jpg

story lads, not so much as a board, more of a floor. this was before i realised that not having the fuzz at the start of the chain was a bad idea [and i had to give my brother his tele back :( ]

i dunno what to do what that echo park, mostly i just want a clean channel, then something with a bit of crunch, followed up with an option to go one higher for face melting, if i could face melt.

since this picture was taken i've got a little 2nd hand kustom tube amp that jimi's guitar store souped up for me.

View attachment 7064

whats that inbetween the rc-20 and the bd-2?

Not mine, too painted and led in the wrong place ;), my guess is a Jimmy Behan Fuzz Face or Meathead (which is a fuzz face) clone..

yeah it's a jimmy behan silcon fuzz face. it's a really well put together little pedal. solid as a rock.
i mostly use it for playing the start of I'm the man who loves you...mostly.

wilco,I like the cut of your jibb sir!

that's a solid pedal collection you have there,get down to ikea and get yourself a gorm

yeah, they look the business. but having an old shoe box full of assorted cables and power supplies isnt without it's charms either.

I like to throw everything I haven't lost or lent after the gig into a toolbox to get
impossibly tangled so that it really annoys me when I get everything out for the next practice.
That's my way.

Realised I never actually posted a proper image of my pedal board. This is what it's currently like for shoegazey goodness. The chain is DIY Fuzz Factory > Boss PS5 Pitch Shifter > Boss RV3 Reverb/Delay > Mellowtone Singing Tree Overdrive > Secret Seasons DIY Snowflake Fuzz > Digitech Digiverb Reverb > MemoryBoy Analog Delay > Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai Delay > Line 6 DL4 Delay

143e9b91.jpg

The Fuzz Factory kinda gets substituted with a Devi Ever Shoegazer or a Devi Ever GZ clone with a Chaos setting depending on how mental and noisy I want to get. DL 4 is only used for looping purposes, not actual delays. Also the Digiverb and PS5 may be on their way out. Have to make room for my incoming Mellowtone SuperChan dual boost :) want to get a Repeat Percussion type tremolo in there too!

I'd go fuzz - tuner - overdrive - reverb - delay - looper in terms of what you have there. You could have the reverb before the overdrive for some shoegazey tones, but reverb after the overdrive would be more traditional however. Ideally though for my own personal taste i'd have some form of bufferless overdrive before my fuzz to give it a good kick to get some wilder tones. Boss pedals have buffers built in which is why some fuzzes sound shit when after them in the chain. Generally overdrive after sounds pretty crap imho as fuzz squares off the waves giving it the fuzz tone. Overdrive then reshapes this wave so you kinda lose the fuzz sound. Maybe pick up or build a cheap LPB1 booster to put before the fuzz face? That could give it the kick you need

View attachment 7064

I'd go fuzz - tuner - overdrive - reverb - delay - looper in terms of what you have there.

that's what i do for the most part now, when i go to the hassle of plugging them all in.

ive used one of those digiverbs before, i really liked it. prefer them to the boss i have, less knobs therefore less indecision. they make a nice loud reverby sound too. the boss can be a bit too subtle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back