Your work situation (8 Viewers)

Pay me you cunts.

Is something I did not write in my most recent invoice, but I think I was sufficiently passive aggressive.
I'm still owed money going back to March, and a bunch of other people have got sucked into it. There's people who don't even work for this firm who've said "I'll have a word with Dave* from accounts for you". I'm trying to be nice, but nice don't pay no rent. Wtf is Dave's problem? It doesn't make business sense to me at all for Dave to be causing this much hassle for other people, me, and indeed my landlord.

*Not his real name obviously.

Me when I hear someone calling the popcorn or the gym or the coffee 'free'

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

Pay me you cunts.

Is something I did not write in my most recent invoice, but I think I was sufficiently passive aggressive.
I'm still owed money going back to March, and a bunch of other people have got sucked into it. There's people who don't even work for this firm who've said "I'll have a word with Dave* from accounts for you". I'm trying to be nice, but nice don't pay no rent. Wtf is Dave's problem? It doesn't make business sense to me at all for Dave to be causing this much hassle for other people, me, and indeed my landlord.

*Not his real name obviously.

Blacklist the customer from future service until he pays his bills. Fuck that guy

Blacklist the customer from future service until he pays his bills. Fuck that guy

That'd be nice but it's my only IN into a cool line of work, and I guess I've been doing it a while now. Other opportunities have come up, but I don't want to, and actually cannot, burn bridges. Literally everyone is on my side except the guy who controls the money. His boss is on my side. Maybe I'm just really shit at doing invoices.

I'm still doing my old work, but I do want to be "rolling with the big dogs" as we say. Hard to do that when broke.

That'd be nice but it's my only IN into a cool line of work, and I guess I've been doing it a while now. Other opportunities have come up, but I don't want to, and actually cannot, burn bridges. Literally everyone is on my side except the guy who controls the money. His boss is on my side. Maybe I'm just really shit at doing invoices.

I'm still doing my old work, but I do want to be "rolling with the big dogs" as we say. Hard to do that when broke.

youre not burning any bridges. youre simply blocking them temporarily

Pay me you cunts.

Blah blah blah, rant rant rant.

Half paid today.

It's as if the bots that follow me around the internet found Dave* and said "Hi Dave, you're getting noticed, the internet thinks you're a cunt"

But since I'm only half paid, he's half a cunt. That might be worse.

Half paid today.

It's as if the bots that follow me around the internet found Dave* and said "Hi Dave, you're getting noticed, the internet thinks you're a cunt"

That's what they call a useless cunt.

This. In fairness, though, we should all be looking at the terms we use that we consider benign but really aren’t. Inclusive language does actually matter.
I do totally agree but don’t think I could deal with Slack policing my language especially when I’m deciding what context a word is being used in. I do actually modify my language though and watch out for stuff like that, I guess more people need it pointed out to them.

Half paid today.

While I do deeply feel for you regarding getting paid, I did an actual lol at your description.

I had to do an out of hours call just there to a customer whos front door which I recently painted was jamming.

Nothing whatsoever to do with me but I showed up in my normal clothes and fixed it with a smile no questions asked cos that kinda goodwill is money in the bank.

Been waiting all day for an e-mail over a difficult situation. Quite impatient about it.

However if I receive it now there's a good chance it'll ruing my entire fucking evening and cause another night of little to no sleep.

Might just shut down my mail client now.

My bro spent years working and also studying from home to eventually get a degree in his field. Less than a year after he got on that career path he quit and is back at his old job. And your post is exactly why. Every day day during lockdown he'd get an email at 16:30 saying "get this done by first thing tomorrow".

My bro spent years working and also studying from home to eventually get a degree in his field. Less than a year after he got on that career path he quit and is back at his old job. And your post is exactly why. Every day day during lockdown he'd get an email at 16:30 saying "get this done by first thing tomorrow".

Well, It's not quite that but I could empathise with your brother.

I just fear it's bad news and it'd fuck my shit up to receive it. Trying to keep my evening somewhat enjoyable.

Well, It's not quite that but I could empathise with your brother.

I just fear it's bad news and it'd fuck my shit up to receive it. Trying to keep my evening somewhat enjoyable.
Yeah sorry I did realise it was different. I have no idea what you actually do.

Unless you're in the middle of doing a heart transplant or something, just enjoy your evening. It can wait. Remember, it's always a systemic issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back