Your work situation (5 Viewers)

About half of the staff where I work are remote, and a great many of them really struggle to separate their work from their real lives. Anyone who's not really strict about not responding outside their working hours (a lot of people have their hours in a shared calendar so everyone knows what they are) tends to slide into being always-on. Beware!

I'm lucky in that I can but dont have to. I'll come in to the office most days to be honest but the freedom is nice especially as were considering buying further from Dublin.

Hey- i got this in the post today. I can connect it to the phone via Bluetooth alright but I'm not sure how to connect to PC. Did you have to use an aux cable? they didn't provide one. I have connected it the the USB port on my monitor for now.
This doesn't appear to do what I expected it to do. It's a nice little speaker but I need a microphone too to answer Skype/Teams calls on the PC.

Has anyone used one of these?

Amazon product ASIN B07819RXJF

A lad here just got back from a Spanish holiday this morning

There is a department wide freakout going on
Somebody ratted him out
But we couldn't send him home

Then his daycare called, they won't take his kids - lollll

So he had to leave

High drama on the 3rd floor, ladies and gentlemen

There was a bloke sent home from my floor yesterday. Initially the rumour was his wife had it, then it turned out it was his wife's brother. Still, pretty close to home. Unfortunately for me I shared a lift with him before he was sent on his way.

yep. public sector here. everyone home from tomorrow, those of us with laptops working remotely. 1-2 staff coming into work on a rota basis, but told to stay away from each other.

Still no local update here at work, but I spoke to my manager and am staying at home anyway, as WFH is easily done for my team. So weird that given how big the company I work for is (See: evil tech giants) theres been no official statement today.

yep. public sector here. everyone home from tomorrow, those of us with laptops working remotely. 1-2 staff coming into work on a rota basis, but told to stay away from each other.
Civil service too but just been informed we're business as usual bizarrely. Except those with childcare issues or at risk healthwise.

Still no local update here at work, but I spoke to my manager and am staying at home anyway, as WFH is easily done for my team. So weird that given how big the company I work for is (See: evil tech giants) theres been no official statement today.

Yeah considering some *evil tech giants who deal with a lot of public information* went direct to WFH.

We’re to work from home if possible, but I don’t have broadband and only a 7 year old chromebook.
Finally living in the sticks pays off.

A new "Pandemic Policy" has been drafted and circulated. All staff with children have been authorised to work from home from tomorrow. Before Leo's announcement they'd planned to all work from home next Wednesday to test emergency measures. I'm missing all the excitement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back