Your work situation (1 Viewer)

The Rakes had a cool live show on that first album. The lead singer was this weird mixture of Jarvis Cocker and Ian Curtis, awkward robot dancing but a little bit lounge-y as well, a really good frontman actually. On one song the entire stage was pitch dark except a rectangular strip of light across his eyes, it was a really cool effect.

They came back and played here again on their third album and Morrissey turned up at the gig! He left after about 3 songs though. I think they were falling apart at that point, only played for about 40 minutes. It was a really intense show, like they were on the verge of something amazing, but instead they split up a few weeks later.

The Rakes had a cool live show on that first album. The lead singer was this weird mixture of Jarvis Cocker and Ian Curtis, a really good frontman actually. On one song the entire stage was pitch dark except a rectangular strip of light across his eyes, it was a really cool effect.

They came back and played here again on their third album and Morrissey turned up at the gig! He left after about 3 songs though. I think they were falling apart at that point, only played for about 40 minutes. It was a really intense show, like they were on the verge of something amazing, but instead they split up a few weeks later.

its a good bandname. i'll give them that.

Here, I made a playlist stretching from about 2000 right up to the Arctic Monkeys, who pretty much made all the other bands redundant:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

some real shite on there, it's fantastic!

I saw the Rakes in a shithole in Manchester 10 years ago. I remember them being good but a band called Battle were more appealing. During Myspace days I contacted them, not sure they ever had more than a single out (Tendency?).

Infadels were another band that were kinda part of that ska revival although IIRC they had more eclectic shit going on.

Tapes n' Tapes, and (sort of ish) The Pipettes are the only 2 of those I remember liking,

Tapes And Tapes did a twitter search for themselves once and retweeted me saying I didn't like their second record.

My general position is that London hasn't produced a good band since The Clash, or on days I'm in a bad mood, The Kinks.

Will the answer be found herein?

let's find out

or perhaps

Took a call this morning, person on the other end of the line sounded really young, as in a teenager on a summer job or temping or something like that. It basically went:

"Hi I'm calling from the golden pages, could I speak to someone about advertising please?"

"I suppose that's me."

"I see, could you tell me what sort of company you are, like are you government or ..."

"We're a private company"

"Oh well if you're private then you probably don't want any advertising then, sorry for bothering you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back