Your work situation (4 Viewers)

quit your job with a brass band

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the space of an hour, everythings gone absolutely tits up. I dunno if anyone has ever worked a job that takes over your life and destroys every shred of your confidence in your abilities, but its... really really shit. I wish I could figure out how to make a change for myself, and get out of this place, but it seems like no matter how much I job hunt nothing happens :( really need to get out of here.

In the space of an hour, everythings gone absolutely tits up. I dunno if anyone has ever worked a job that takes over your life and destroys every shred of your confidence in your abilities, but its... really really shit. I wish I could figure out how to make a change for myself, and get out of this place, but it seems like no matter how much I job hunt nothing happens :( really need to get out of here.

Take strength from your friends and stick with the job hunt, as hard as it might get.
Friday is coming.

I got a call from my brother earlier...as he was walking the dog on the beach ..in the sunshine

that lucky unemployed bastard

I called my manager and head of department about them giving out to me last week...and turned the tables on them so they realised they were wrong. They apologised and everything.

Take that , hierarchy

yeah i'd love to quit, but my rent is too high and i have loan repayments so i couldn't afford to live on the dole. i feel seriously trapped.

I called my manager and head of department about them giving out to me last week...and turned the tables on them so they realised they were wrong. They apologised and everything.

Take that , hierarchy

d5925320-d64e-0132-cea7-0e01949ad350.gif

yeah i'd love to quit, but my rent is too high and i have loan repayments so i couldn't afford to live on the dole. i feel seriously trapped.

Can you not go on sick leave for a few months?

I was in a similar situation and quitting was the best thing I ever did. It took about a year to get myself back together but I got a handle on my depression, weight, boozing, everything, and now I'm back acting like Brian Wilson on steroids in the rehearsal room with a band, making all my loved ones happy and generally feeling glad to be alive with a job interview for a much less pressurised job next week.

The downside has being having to move back in with my parents but I fucking know I'll look back in ten years and realise that a measly year and a bit with the parents was completely worth it.

Because one of my team mates is a stupid cunt who went on holidays today, I've spent the guts of the last two hours hunting around the building for missing laptops. I was meant to go see my nieces and my sister and mother but it's too late now to bother. I am fucking fuming. We have an equipment tracker that the other members of the team keep up to date. She just seems pathologically unable to.

Can you not go on sick leave for a few months?

I was in a similar situation and quitting was the best thing I ever did. It took about a year to get myself back together but I got a handle on my depression, weight, boozing, everything, and now I'm back acting like Brian Wilson on steroids in the rehearsal room with a band, making all my loved ones happy and generally feeling glad to be alive with a job interview for a much less pressurised job next week.

The downside has being having to move back in with my parents but I fucking know I'll look back in ten years and realise that a measly year and a bit with the parents was completely worth it.

I thought about it, but I'm nervous because the last time I was out of work, I ended up living with my pops and got very, very depressed, maybe the worst I've ever been. I totally support people doing this, but I'm not sure if I'm down because I'm down and thats affecting work, or if this job is just so stressful and degrading that its affecting my mental health. I'm not sure if its that I need the time off or if I just need to change my situation you get me?

Also, I'm tied into a year in my house (about 8 months more) and am really happy there. I have loans and medical bills for epilepsy stuff that are stiffling at best, and its all vicariously ticking along on my (pretty low) salary. I'm not sure how I'd get by on sick pay, to be honest, I think my health costs so much that i can't ever not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back