Your work situation (4 Viewers)

Feck...just remembered I have an annual performance review in 5 minutes

I'd have realised earlier but I was goofing around on the interent and missed the reminder message

These aren't really perks, we're all supposed to have these things.

Long story on why I don't.
I find most institutions don't want to buy technology despite it being absolutely necessary. The HSE move shitty old desktops and laptops around and will invariably buy the wrong computer for the task. Similarly, the university system is shite for computers with limited options for research available and most research grants not allowing the purchasing of computers without major justification. Absolutely no chance of getting a tablet or a phone unless you're working on making an app.

I find most institutions don't want to buy technology despite it being absolutely necessary. The HSE move shitty old desktops and laptops around and will invariably buy the wrong computer for the task. Similarly, the university system is shite for computers with limited options for research available and most research grants not allowing the purchasing of computers without major justification. Absolutely no chance of getting a tablet or a phone unless you're working on making an app.

We are supposed to be 'advancing innovation by utilising technology' or something similar
There is a sign outside my office that says "Bring Your iPad to Meetings!"

Yeah and I think that's something that universities should really be doing too. We're meant to be the cutting edge of knowledge.

There's a general view that the way we'll be doing things in 5 years is not how we're doing things now, so it follows that we should get on with that change now before some other cunt does it and eats our lunch.

Just had an informal meeting with the boss about my general mental well being/ negative attitude

Gotta work on my "pep"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back