Your work situation (9 Viewers)

Had enough of old works bullshit week before last. Did a few interviews, got offered a better job. Handed in notice last Monday. Start new job Monday week.
Sound boss
Better wages
More enjoyable work
And no on-call rota, which I am most delighted about
Start

Fair play. Great to hear this sort of thing. Best of luck with the new job!

When I got into the office this morning I sent a giant image of the Goat of Mendes (the devil himself) to the printer and promptly forgot all about it. Just saw the production manager leaving the room with her printouts...no sign of my Baphomet. Uh-oh.

A lot of time when I land at work the first 2-3 seconds of a person talking to me is mostly my brain being secretly really offended that I have to do work stuff.

what's the gig? shop-based or on the road?

On the road. But it’s only around Dublin and I get told in advance where I’ll be for the week ahead.
Makes a huge difference to only finding out your next job after you finish one. Drive me mad not knowing where I’ll be finishing every day
and I have my own apprentice now to carry all the gear, it’s great!

Got a text as I was heading home. It was from management telling me to check my mail. Loads of surprise layoffs, but I escaped the cull, for now. Shit buzz. So much for the booming economy.

Got a text as I was heading home. It was from management telling me to check my mail. Loads of surprise layoffs, but I escaped the cull, for now. Shit buzz. So much for the booming economy.

Fucking hell - check your mail to see if you've been laid off?! Nice!

Applied for an Assistant Principal job about 18 months ago. Had forgotten about it until January this year when I got called to sit another exam and then had to do an interview last week. If I'd gotten the job, it would have been a lot more money but it would have meant working in town again and having to sort out school morning drop offs with the child minder and all that craic. Found out yesterday that I didn't get it and I have to say that I was never so glad to get a rejection letter in my life.

Applied for an Assistant Principal job about 18 months ago. Had forgotten about it until January this year when I got called to sit another exam and then had to do an interview last week. If I'd gotten the job, it would have been a lot more money but it would have meant working in town again and having to sort out school morning drop offs with the child minder and all that craic. Found out yesterday that I didn't get it and I have to say that I was never so glad to get a rejection letter in my life.

You also lose flexitime and any prospect of ever being paid for overtime again.

I got work to pay for a CompTIA A+ training course. It's supposed to be an IT technician 'introduction' certificate. I thought it was going to be about how to plug in a keyboard. FUCKING HELL. I am so screwed. It's really hard.

My boss just left so I have to manage two (temporary) members of staff until his replacement arrives which probably won't be for three or four months.

A colleague came to me yesterday to complain about one of them - "you know me...I'm not a troublemaker" they say over and over. This is not true. "She is a nice person but every time I turn around she is on the BBC or Daily Mail. She needs to be told how we do things here here."

Give me strength!

Daily Mail.

p45-c75ad83f.png

A colleague came to me yesterday to complain about one of them - "you know me...I'm not a troublemaker" they say over and over. This is not true.

This colleague e-mailed the whole team this morning with the comments from their annual appraisal asking "am I a horrible person?". The appraisal was honest but well worded highlighting problems they have with other members of the team. It's all kicking off!

Ohhhhhh, straight in framing themselves as a victim, after dropping shade on people behind thier backs? Are we seeing the classic manipulation pathology in the wild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back