Your work situation (17 Viewers)

My AP (2 grandes above me) has been out sick a little over 5 months now. We have someone giving us a bit of a hand but I’m doing close to half the work, as well as my own. Getting a bit sick of it at this stage and all the “You’re doing a great job!” aren’t exactly making the work any easier. Some of the work is fairly high profile, so any mistakes can become a big deal really quickly. I never wanted to be someone that says “I don’t get paid enough for this” but I definitely don’t.

Saying that, someone I massively respect (and want to be like when I finally grow up) spoke to people about me and said I’m wasted in the civil service and should be doing what she does, so that’s keeping me going this week.

My AP (2 grandes above me) has been out sick a little over 5 months now. We have someone giving us a bit of a hand but I’m doing close to half the work, as well as my own. Getting a bit sick of it at this stage and all the “You’re doing a great job!” aren’t exactly making the work any easier. Some of the work is fairly high profile, so any mistakes can become a big deal really quickly. I never wanted to be someone that says “I don’t get paid enough for this” but I definitely don’t.

Saying that, someone I massively respect (and want to be like when I finally grow up) spoke to people about me and said I’m wasted in the civil service and should be doing what she does, so that’s keeping me going this week.
my only advice is to document everything you're doing now, so that when the time comes around again to apply for promotion you can put it all into the stupid form

Good idea. I’m keeping track of it but my memory is shit at the best of times.

Work is going great. Wainscoting a HSL from scratch and finishing it in gloss . It's a big job. As big as I'd like to go.

Have another wainscoting job lined up too. Big demand for it.

Still on the 4 day week though. There'll be no change to that. I see myself at the vanguard of a social revolution.

Work is going great. Wainscoting a HSL from scratch and finishing it in gloss . It's a big job. As big as I'd like to go.

Still on the 4 day week though. There'll be no change to that. I see myself at the vanguard of a social revolution.

I'm on a 4 day week for about 4 years and I'll do everything in my power never to go back to five. I do the exact same if not more work. I'd say it's the same for you.

I had to look up what "wainscott" was when I heard this song many years go
"
Put your hand behind the wainscot
You have done your part"

#stillhavethehornfor

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm on a 4 day week for about 4 years and I'll do everything in my power never to go back to five. I do the exact same if not more work. I'd say it's the same for you.
Absolutely. And some days I just keep going when I'm enjoying it. More productive overall

Fair play. I have done similar and it is very rewarding work.

Where do you get the wainscot material?

I had a devil of a time trying to source it in Dublin about 10 years ago

just got laid off, for the third time

and I'm happy about it this time. Fucking toxic company. Glad to see the back of them.
Sorry to hear that you got laid off again, but delighted to hear it means you are getting out of a really shitty situation
Handed in notice so back to working full time for myself again soon.
Best of luck with it.

If you are carrying out AP work you should be on an acting up allowance (as we call it). It is not reasonable to ask you to take on extra tasks above your grade without compensating you.

I also handed in my notice - yesterday - I finish up on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back