Your work situation (3 Viewers)

was it a 'we're letting you go' or 'we're firing you'?
i.e. was it a 'it's not you, it's me', or a 'it's not me, it's you'?
i've been present as an impartial observer of sorts for the second. didn't go that well, but not as bad as we feared.

He took it well and even thanked me for my previous efforts to help him over the last year 😬 But fuck, he was with the company for 16 years. Nice guy. Hope he finds something that suits him better.

I just had to fire someone. It was my first time and I feel a bit sick. I imagine he's not feeling so good either.
shit buzz. I had to to that in the early summer too but literally on the day I was gonna pull the trigger (I didn't want to, I was told to), he resigned. I could not have been more relieved.

I just hope its cos he was shit and not cos of belt-tightening.

He took it well and even thanked me for my previous efforts to help him over the last year 😬 But fuck, he was with the company for 16 years. Nice guy. Hope he finds something that suits him better.
Been thinking about this
Sounds like he knew it was coming, on some level
And that it wasn't somewhere he was having success
Still a tough thing to have to do, and go through.

Just had the money conversation with my boss
Everything good

On the balance of they don't want to lose me, but they kinda fucking know I'm not going anywhere either
Too old for that shite
This is my last job

My work is going great. I have more work than I can do.. next few weeks I'm doing a lot of carpentry which is great for a change.

I just refinished a massive victorian bedroom floor. A day of repairs 2 days of scraping and sanding.. and it now looks incredible. But my arms are like rubber and my back is saying no more please.

Going back out gigging in 2023 also. Which is super exciting. But that isnt paid work so I don't suppose it fits here

I was supposed to be working at 03:00 tomorrow, that's shit but I geared my whole day up for it.
I did a night shift the other night and I've only just gotten over that. Night shifts wreck me.

Then they changed the call time from 03:00 tomorrow to 21:00 tonight.

I can do it, just don't want to. I phoned them and said "I think it's in everyone's best interest if you get someone else to do that". I guess that kind of means I have a cool job?

Meanwhile, other boss in other job told me "oops, I accidentally gave you Dave's schedule". It all got corrected and it works better for me, but that's an error we don't need. I spent the last month worrying about a job I'm not actually doing. I wouldn't be forgiven for such a simple mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back