Your work situation (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
In my last job they were in fairly serious talks about a takeover for a while, woulda been great for me financially in the position I was in at the time. Fell through, and they IPOd instead, which was no use to me. Meh

The first time the place had been sold one of the first employees made a packet, quit and told everyone he was going off to travel the world. Instead he sat at home playing computer games and putting on weight. Ended up coming back into the fold, think he's there still. Didn't regret a moment of it

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
When big companies take over smaller companies it's traditional for them to keep on the 50 year old long timers who are set in their ways, right?

I know a guy in this estate who's been working for a company that has been bought and sold 4 different times over the last 12 years and in that time he's been sitting at the same desk with not too much difference to his working day.

snakybus

Supporter
Website
www.groomtheband.com
The first time the place had been sold one of the first employees made a packet, quit and told everyone he was going off to travel the world. Instead he sat at home playing computer games and putting on weight. Ended up coming back into the fold, think he's there still. Didn't regret a moment of it

The turnaround at the end there is a classic in making a good story great.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
If you actually do stuff you'll probably be kept on, middle-management upwards and contractors are expendable though. My company is owned by a bunch of investment bankers who just want to raise the share price and sell it again. My boss has basically told me that when it eventually happens she can save my job or push to get me fired with a payout, whichever I'd prefer.

therealjohnny

Supporter
I'm on a Zoom call with the new CEO. He is showing a re-branded version of this..with the company logo on the flag and people on laptops and computers and is describing how it reflects us in our job

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Solutions
Do any of you sit on these things? How do you find it? I don't think he should be sitting on it like that. I'm thinking of getting one, my chair is shite and me auld back doesn't like it. I'm not sure if it'd work as a full-time alternative to a regular chair though
VLUV_VELT_Thumbnail.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

We're listening to...

• WFLYTD NIGHTCORE
    5W3375W3375W337L1K3BUBBL36UM
    six impala
    WFLYTD NIGHTCORE

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads