Your work situation (4 Viewers)

Do any of you sit on these things? How do you find it? I don't think he should be sitting on it like that. I'm thinking of getting one, my chair is shite and me auld back doesn't like it. I'm not sure if it'd work as a full-time alternative to a regular chair though
View attachment 14351
You could try one of these, they're meant to be good for the back.
I had one but I spent so long at my desk I'd end up slouching and defeating the purpose .

Do any of you sit on these things? How do you find it? I don't think he should be sitting on it like that. I'm thinking of getting one, my chair is shite and me auld back doesn't like it. I'm not sure if it'd work as a full-time alternative to a regular chair though
View attachment 14351

I think it could be a good idea if you actually use it for exercise there a tons gym ball videos on YouTube showing exercise routines otherwise maybe stand at the desk or do some stretching siting or yoga type stuff. I have no idea what you have to do at work and am on my feet all day myself.

I sit at a computer all day and that's what I want it for, realistically I'm not going to fuck about exercising on it in my spare time, although I will probably do a lot of additional sitting on it.

Yeah but sure that's what's it's for really its not intended or designed to be a seat and I would be inclined to think a little exercise on it might not be to impractical either.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would it be possible that some prick realised that he could get some sweatshop in china to stamp out a few million oversized footballs from some plastic moulds and with a the right marketing push would be on the gravy train for life?

Like for kids, but they are adults.

I've seen a fair few of those do the mandatory tester week or so and then get dumped in a closet and then a skip.

I also have a shit chair at home. What i do outside the office tends to help the back. (Walking / cycling / swimming). I switch to the couch and laptop for a few of the low process typing bits too.

An amazing chair is probably a wise investment at this juncture.

i've a semi-proper office chair i spend far too long in

every night when i get into bed my lower back pops like beau hightower's been going at it with his hammer and chisel

edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I have a fancy enough one but it's like something designed for people who sit back and just talk from, telling people what to do or something. It's not suitable for sitting up in and actually doing stuff

I had one of them kneeling chairs for a while but, surprise surprise, it was murder on the knees. Also sat on one of those big balls for a bit, but my (upper) back got sore and I stopped. Now I have a fairly fancy chair (bought 2nd hand, and a bit broken) and it's ok, and I try and get up for 5 mins every half hour

Most office chairs have the same maximum height which is too low for me, even IKEA don't seem to have one slightly higher. I saw some sites selling chairs designed (i.e. they used slightly longer bits of metal of the legs/stand) for tall people but they were charging €100s more, the pricks. It wouldn't kill me to look again, I suppose.

Zoom call with new colleagues just now , they're discussing the recent death of one of their team I didn't know so I decide to have a little sing along with my guitar.

While not on mute.

Them: "Yes, the death of our colleague is a great loss..."

Me: "Like a rhine stone cooow boooy..."

fucks sake

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back