Your work situation (9 Viewers)

In my last job they were in fairly serious talks about a takeover for a while, woulda been great for me financially in the position I was in at the time. Fell through, and they IPOd instead, which was no use to me. Meh

The first time the place had been sold one of the first employees made a packet, quit and told everyone he was going off to travel the world. Instead he sat at home playing computer games and putting on weight. Ended up coming back into the fold, think he's there still. Didn't regret a moment of it

When big companies take over smaller companies it's traditional for them to keep on the 50 year old long timers who are set in their ways, right?

I know a guy in this estate who's been working for a company that has been bought and sold 4 different times over the last 12 years and in that time he's been sitting at the same desk with not too much difference to his working day.

The first time the place had been sold one of the first employees made a packet, quit and told everyone he was going off to travel the world. Instead he sat at home playing computer games and putting on weight. Ended up coming back into the fold, think he's there still. Didn't regret a moment of it

The turnaround at the end there is a classic in making a good story great.

Someone has bought our company. No idea what this means to my situation just yet, but

fucking hell
So I'm now working for a big American company. The job looks safe enough for the short term, I just hope they aren't dicks.

The old Irish CEO has left and as a parting gift is giving everyone 1,000 euro for every year worked.

If you actually do stuff you'll probably be kept on, middle-management upwards and contractors are expendable though. My company is owned by a bunch of investment bankers who just want to raise the share price and sell it again. My boss has basically told me that when it eventually happens she can save my job or push to get me fired with a payout, whichever I'd prefer.

I'm on a Zoom call with the new CEO. He is showing a re-branded version of this..with the company logo on the flag and people on laptops and computers and is describing how it reflects us in our job
louvre-eugene-delacroix-le-28-juillet-la-liberte-guidant-le-peuple-musee-du-louvre.jpg

I had to do a presentation on a zoom call with our overseas colleagues. I have been on my own too long and can barely speak any more.

Sign me up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had to do a presentation on a zoom call with our overseas colleagues. I have been on my own too long and can barely speak any more.

Sign me up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Scene: Most video calls i'm on:

Me: "Ehhhhhhhhhhh........"

Do any of you sit on these things? How do you find it? I don't think he should be sitting on it like that. I'm thinking of getting one, my chair is shite and me auld back doesn't like it. I'm not sure if it'd work as a full-time alternative to a regular chair though
VLUV_VELT_Thumbnail.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back