You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

I have spent so many years thinking and remembering about this programme. I'd convinced myself that I imagined it. It appeared (again) in my dreams last night so I looked it up at 6am this morning and finally found this...

Who else remembers it?

Yeah! Did people call in and tell them what to do or direct them with DTMF phone tones?

Ykygo when you see a pretty woman (pretty women are solar powered, so I've seen plenty these past few days), with a dog or a bicycle or a guitar or a camera, and you give a lot more attention to the dog or bicycle or guitar or camera.

Last edited:
I have spent so many years thinking and remembering about this programme. I'd convinced myself that I imagined it. It appeared (again) in my dreams last night so I looked it up at 6am this morning and finally found this...

Who else remembers it?
I remember it intimately. I was fucking terrified of the Vortex as a child. And that floor puzzle with the shapes and colours is burned into my brain too...

Feel the same way about Black Metal (something I am not much into).
Like most people I never heard of it until 1993 and by the end of the year there was a lot of debate about who was true black metal and who wasn't.
So if you only got into it after church burnings and murders happened in 1993 you are a Johnny come lately and you are not true BM - death to false metal!

Metal is minefield, you get cancelled before you've even finished your sentence
It's got the lowest bar of entry compared to other genres, you just have to wear band t-shirts, jeans and say you like metal basically, but after that it's worse than northern soul for being told you're liking it wrong.

I fucking HATE that palm muted chugging that all metal guitarists do on the internet . Its garbage sounding

It's got the lowest bar of entry compared to other genres, you just have to wear band t-shirts, jeans and say you like metal basically, but after that it's worse than northern soul for being told you're liking it wrong.
Metal has been the most experimental big rock genre since the 90's but the results have been shall we say 'mixed'.
My criticism is that often the rawness goes out of rock music when long songs and technical riffs come it.
I would be more familiar with punk and what is and isn't punk would be much more talked about.
Outside Africa metal is the most worldwide genre of music - I've heard bands from Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Botswana etc.

Prince was a great man for the guitar shredding too.

Metal has been the most experimental big rock genre since the 90's but the results have been shall we say 'mixed'.
Radiohead fans going mad at this.
My criticism is that often the rawness goes out of rock music when long songs and technical riffs come it.
I would be more familiar with punk and what is and isn't punk would be much more talked about.
Outside Africa metal is the most worldwide genre of music - I've heard bands from Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Botswana etc.

Prince was a great man for the guitar shredding too.
Hey no argument here. I like some metal, not lots, but enough. You have to have some version of THE RIFF in your life.

I'm listening to Napalm Death - Scum album on the headphones in work.
TBH I always found this music hilarious and hard to take seriously, but I'm enjoying it.
Maybe the penny has dropped...
So is the grindr app is for fans of grindcore?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back