Ye Olde Golf Cup (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

anyone watching the ryder cup?

i'm not cus i have no tv - but if i did i would!

but i just turned on 5live and they have coverage.

Mickelson/Kim v Harrington/Karlsson (Europe 1 up after 14 holes)
Leonard/Mahan v Stenson/Casey (USA 1 up after 13 holes)
Cink/Campbell v Rose/Poulter (Europe 1 up after 11 holes)
Perry/Furyk v Westwood/Garcia (USA 1 up after 10 holes)

No Westwood or Gracia in the 1st set of matches today. :confused:

What the hell is that smug conceited arsehole Nick Faldo up too???

The interviewer doing Faldo now is so scared to ask a real question, saying it was close, the hell it was, USA win it with still 4 matches going out on the Green.
He's full of shit taking no responsibility whatsoever.

took a massive gamble putting his big boys at the end of the order always risking the chance the americas could have it wrapped up before then.
if it has paid off = genius
if it hadnt = mug

faldo wont be in charge again.

Faldo was a brutal captain and his running-order yesterday was particularly stupid. However, I think the Americans just played the better golf overall and would have won anyway. They had spells where they couldn't miss any kind of putt.

Faldo was a brutal captain and his running-order yesterday was particularly stupid. However, I think the Americans just played the better golf overall and would have won anyway. They had spells where they couldn't miss any kind of putt.

Probably the only European who had a horrendous round yesterday was Garcia but yeah guys like Perry and Weekley were unplayable yesterday.

The one thing I'll say for Faldo, his picking of Poulter worked out.

Sky are such a bunch of lilly livered twats. Couldn't listen to much more of their fawning commentary.

Garcia is a choker with a shite record in the singles so it was dodge putting him out front.

Poulter is an awful faceache too. Glad Boo Ess Aay won.

Faildo

faldo165x165_402655a.jpg

Sky are such a bunch of lilly livered twats. Couldn't listen to much more of their fawning commentary.

Garcia is a choker with a shite record in the singles so it was dodge putting him out front.

Poulter is an awful faceache too. Glad Boo Ess Aay won.

Sky's coverage is pulitzer winning stuff compared to the US coverage.

I was watching online and was switching between sky and NBC as the different streams were appearing and disappearing.

The US coverage is terrible.

Dumb facile commentry - completely without insight. Terrible camera work and wierd camera angles. All they show is putting and completely ignore the approach play (which was fucking sublime from both sides) and they dont use the technology half as well or as often as Sky.

I think he was right with the running order.

With the lead the US had, if they were to compete at all it was going to come right to the wire, so he had to keep some strog player back for what was going to be a tight finish.

He had the right idea. Try and get some early points. Hope the inexperienced guys would hold up in the middle order and then have enough experience finishing to bring it home.

As a strategy it was only a half point away from working. If Garcia hadnt imploded and Hanson could have held out there were a couple of EU victories to follow leaving a cliff hanger fininsh.

Sergio's demeanour was really terrible. I was quite surprised by how much Kim got to him. Having said that, it was an incredible performance by Kim, he was unbeatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back