XBox 360 (12 Viewers)

You have to be kidding. Skate looks utterly shit. THP8 is probably my favourite xbox game so far after GOW. Nail the trick is deadly and the continuous gameplay from level to level is the fuckin job. 300 goals to complete - sweet. Good to see the TH games back on form after 5 and 6 being middling and 7 being shite.
1 and 2 were insanely fun. really blew everyone away. then the sequels became like the later episodes of the simpsons. ridiculous. the new one is good fun and all but to be honest its prolly cos im a skateboarder and want something truer to real life. like tony hawks bares no relation to real skateboarding anymore. its totally sensationalised and marketed for 13 year old jackass fans. which is fair enough. its more arcadey if you get me.
i do enjoy playing it but i just find its too much and feels very empty.

and id say very few non-skaters will get skate.

To be honest, you're playing a computer game, what do you expect. Unless Nintendo come out with some sort of skateboard/joystick contraption for the wii, it'll all be the same. Have you not used the "nail the trick" function on THP8? You can control your feet independently to make your own tricks. You can't get closer to actually skateboarding than controlling the dude's feet, now can you?

To be honest, you're playing a computer game, what do you expect. Unless Nintendo come out with some sort of skateboard/joystick contraption for the wii, it'll all be the same. Have you not used the "nail the trick" function on THP8? You can control your feet independently to make your own tricks. You can't get closer to actually skateboarding than controlling the dude's feet, now can you?
well i expect the games to have a truer representation of what it is to be a skater and to skate. much in the same way that FIFA does to football. i thought that the nail the trick thing was awful. you can go in the air and spin the board 20 times. and only do weird tricks. in SKATE you do all the tricks with the analogue sticks. and so what if its a computer game? sports sims are realistic..apparantly as well less and less skaters are willing to associate themselves with tony hawks because its become a commercial freight train that releases the same game and if you knew skaters you would be mightly impressed at the skaters backing up SKATE.
also i understand why tony hawks is the way it is because there are only a handful of skaters out there so it was wiser to market it to the general game playing-folks.

but at the end of the day, TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Right-o, see you when skate release the same game three or four times.

EDIT: By the way, you do realise you're just going on EA's pre-release hype for a game that's not even out yet?

Worms is good fun. However me and Lefty are a bigger danger to ourselves than each other. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in both games we played last night.

Played the demo against the cpu, pretty good fun. Have to get some points in town so I can dload the full thing. I'd say it's more fun than GOW on-line.

Four people can play in one game over live too, which would be very crowded and funny. Good value for just under a tenner I reckon.

I've already named my own team - Bowles, Marsh, Francis and Ferdinand.

Four people can play in one game over live too, which would be very crowded and funny. Good value for just under a tenner I reckon.

I've already named my own team - Bowles, Marsh, Francis and Ferdinand.

Man i'd love a game of worms now. So the score stands at 2-0 to you yes? We should continually keep an overall score.

I'm definately on for a few games of this later.

Had a hilarious experience playing an Italian dude in PES last night. He was giving a running commentary on the game - in Italian. Him getting all excited and shit, but not just when he was putting a good move together, or scoring a goal - he was actually cheering me on too. Fucking gas stuff.

He was the total opposite of the smack talking American teen.

"Totti...Chivu...Tottiiii....!???!!! GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL! Mama mia!"

So the score stands at 2-0 to you yes?

tm2705gorb.jpg

2-0 to me it is.

Though I had little to do with both those wins. You're the same with worms as GOW, not patient enough!!!

I'm definately on for a few games of this later.

Had a hilarious experience playing an Italian dude in PES last night. He was giving a running commentary on the game - in Italian. Him getting all excited and shit, but not just when he was putting a good move together, or scoring a goal - he was actually cheering me on too. Fucking gas stuff.

He was the total opposite of the smack talking American teen.

"Totti...Chivu...Tottiiii....!???!!! GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL! Mama mia!"

haha deadly!!

Hold onto your pants - Brian Laras Cricket demo is on the marketplace!!!!

The Champs League game, also know as Fifa version 142, 633 is there too.

Oh look who's laughing, a bloke who can't even beat me 3 worms to 1, and one who likes Tim fucking Buckley!

In fairness I laughed out loud in the office and people asked what I was laughing at. I said it was the really unfunny movie file they just spammed me with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back