XBox 360 (8 Viewers)

Yeah at the end of this month.

Rainbow Six Vegas is out for the ps3 at the end of the month too. I'm very eager to see how it compares to the 360 version.

Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast was brilliant. Could be great crack on-line, but if there's any lag at all, it'd be ruined.

Aye, PS3 Vegas will be interesting. Won't be a shock if it looks a bit better, sure if it was released again on the 360 they'd tidy it up in places. Curious though. You getting a ps3 lefty?

I hated virtua tennis on the PSP, maybe I need to give it a go with a proper controller.

I hated virtua tennis on the PSP, maybe I need to give it a go with a proper controller.

It's one of the few video games I ever played with my dad. Hilarious stuff. Unfortunately, the players seem to have retained that uncanny valley, "zombie" quality.

VT3%20ps3_qjpreviewth.jpg

"Grrrrrrraaaaaagh...brains..."

I would if i was strongly tempted to but theres nothing must have about the ps3.

Also i've spent too much cash on the 360 to justify buying something that does pretty much the same job.

If Sony pulled a stunning looking PS3 Pro Evo outta the bag, I'd trample kids to get one, but it's not gonna happen. I don't think there's ever gonna be a PS3 game where people can say "You couldn't do that on a 360".

If Sony pulled a stunning looking PS3 Pro Evo outta the bag, I'd trample kids to get one, but it's not gonna happen. I don't think there's ever gonna be a PS3 game where people can say "You couldn't do that on a 360".

yeah. truthfully, I'm disappointed with the quality of games on the 360. GOW and maybe GRAW are the only games that seemed to have made a leap from the XBOX in terms of graphics. Splinter Cell is not much better looking than the previous ones for the XBOX - but then they always looked great.

I dunno. PES6 is littered with bugs and bullshit. it seems like either developers are not pushing the 360 or the 360 ain't no great shakes. I think it's the former, though. cos, as I said, GOW looks amazing and that saving private ryan shoulder camera thing is stunning.

But Splinter Cell has always been shit, bit harsh to pin that one on the 360!

I've found the quality of the 360 titles to be great since I've bought it.

But Splinter Cell has always been shit, bit harsh to pin that one on the 360!

I've found the quality of the 360 titles to be great since I've bought it.

if you're not into stealth stuff, sure.. you may think it's shit. but the graphics have always been a cut above most. as a stealth game, it's fucking amazing.

but yeah, I dunno. It's not that I haven't enjoyed the games I've bought, but rather that I don't think they're much more impressive than titles on the XBOX.

The next pro ev for the 360 better be a drastic improvement. I'd be shocked if konami put out the same kind of half assed port they did last year.

I think the part where we had to split up at the start of the fourth episode was where you lost your shit the most.

I definetly reckon we got the most out of GOW playing it that way.

Pro Evo is probably the worst 360 game I own, and even for all it's flaws I enjoyed it a lot.

High five.

The weekend that GOW came out was memorable. I reckon i was minutes away from a full blown seizure at one point, great fun.

for real. playing Gears convinced me that everything was gonna be alright. but it needs more shit like that. MORE! MORE POWER!

halo 3 will blow every one of you fuckers away.
i reckon.
oh for anyone interested apparantly EVERYThing in the game has its own physics. i.e if you walk through a bush the bush will crumple. any reflective surfaces will reflect in realtime. uhm, water will ripple around you. uhm. etc etc. halo 2 restored my faith in multiplayer gaming. halo3 will galvanize that.
i personally cant wait for E.A's SKATE game which just looks amazing. For the 'real' skaters. tony hawks 8 was as shit as 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

For me, the big thing about Halo 2 was that it introduced me to the world of annoying Americans, most of whom I would glady shoot in the back for real. Hopefully most thumped 360 owners will be picking Halo 3up and we can play amongst ourselves and not come up against annoying cunts. So that's you out I'm afraid, Stan.

Halo 3 will hopefully look stunning and have all those features g-stereo mentioned. I can dig what is being said about 360 games not being completely mindblowing. The only game that has had the wow factor cranked up to eleven has been GOW. GRAW, R6V, Dead Rising, Oblivion, even PES have all had their moments, but are all flawed to some extent.

we can play amongst ourselves and not come up against annoying cunts. So that's you out I'm afraid, Stan.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shocking!

What we should do actually is dust off the copies of GOW and get a big game going one evening. I reckon we could get eight together if we all agreed a time and nobody wussed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back