XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

Which of the gaming shops have the best priced trade-ins and 2nd hand games? I'm in cork and there's a gamestop, game and smyths. Is there much of a difference between them? I think Game has 2nd hand fifa 09 and Call of Duty 4 yesterday for €45. Gonna check smyths today for fifa 09. How good is Robbie Keane in it?

I know they're very different games, but I've a feeling RE5 is going to feel really slow and clunky after L4D.

I had a quick blast and I wasn't impressed. Very slow and plodding with plenty of screen tearing to boot. It would have been great as a 360 launch title.

The only gameplay development from RE4 is that you can shoot while moving. Very slowly.

i imagine the tearing is just a development issue, and it's resulting from their pushing some pretty astounding graphics. the facial details on the bad dudes is pretty incredible.

control system seems ropey though, very quickly found it confusing once the action upped, and aiming seemed pretty imprecise. fingers crossed it gets an overhaul before release...

I know they're very different games, but I've a feeling RE5 is going to feel really slow and clunky after L4D.

Funnily enough after finishing RE4 I went back to Bioshock on the 360 to play though again on hard and it felt SO SLOW!
I think a lot of those survival horror/shooters are pretty sluggish.

Not played L4D yet.

Have you turned the vita-chambers off on your hard playthrough of bioshock? Makes an already amazing game even better if you ask me.

Have you turned the vita-chambers off on your hard playthrough of bioshock? Makes an already amazing game even better if you ask me.

Yeah - it's pretty cool. Completely changes the way you play the game. When fighting the big daddies on normal I'd just die rather than use med kits. Not now :)
The only thing that's annoying about hard is how much more the enemies jump around.

If any of you chaps are having major issues with tearing on the Resi 5 demo, adjust your display settings. It was pretty horrible on my screen, before I went to 720p - looks gorgeous now. I know Stan was having the same issue.

In other news, if u have a monitor and wanna use a hdmi cable (to get superb picture) but can't get sound through it, then do this....

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=z1hxuqkggrA

Did it myself - works like a dream.

eurogamer review of the first few chapters of rs5, and it's not promising.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resident-evil-5-hands-on-chapter1to3

they also have big concerns about the game having racist overtones, very odd
review said:
There are even more outrageous and outdated images to be found later in the game, stuff that I was honestly surprised to see in 2009, but Capcom has specifically asked that details of these scenes remain under wraps for now, whether for these reasons we don't know.
Be interesting to see what that's all about. With the amount of racist/homophobic stuff kids shout on xbox live, you'd think they'd be trying to minimise that kinda thing.

Can you not free aim while moving no? That hard to excuse in this day and age. The demo looks great but it gets very frustrating when you're surrounded by enemies.

Nope you have to stand still while shooting. I enjoyed playing it in co op with Johnny at the weekend, but it was very clunky.

The first thing Johnny said to me was 'its the most racist game since rainbow six Vegas'.

Its seems quite racially charged alright. The bit that EG mentions about a white woman getting dragged of by a bunch of black zombies is gonna cause uproar no doubt.

Ah shit - doesn't sound too promising.
Aside from the racist stuff and the wonky controls and AI, I don't understand why they're ditching the horror and puzzle aspects to make just another shooter. There are far too many around already.
Hope Silent Hill: Homecoming is better, although the reviews for that don't seem great either.

Looks like they've shot their load on the co-op side of things, and forgotten about the rest. Problem with that is that Left 4 Dead exists, and bar graphics it's better in every way.

It looks like this will be another big Japanese franchise which fails to deliver and hits the skids along with PES, Ridge Racer, Devil May Cry etc

I hope FFXIII doesn't fall into this trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back