XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

Argos are doing a games sale at the moment. GTAIV, Fable 2 are 30 euro. Didn't look too hard, covers all platforms.

Kinda tempted by Midnight Club at 30 quid...

Nice one Stan! I'd read about Argos doing this in the UK, but didn't think it was happening here. I reckon Fable 2 is well worth picking up for 30 squids.

Tis grand on the tv side. Xbox side will only allow for the breakout or hdmi. What's media centre stuff? Haven't even turned it on yet.

ah, i get you. aye, the sound is carried over hdmi, the breakout is there just if you want to bypass and go straight to your stereo or whatever.

if you stick the xbox on your network (either by the supplied ethernet cable or buy a wireless adapter) you can use the xbox to stream mp3s from your pc, or video etc. my pc with all my tunes is in the spare room, but with the xbox i stream them.

it's great for downloaded movies and that too

ah, i get you. aye, the sound is carried over hdmi, the breakout is there just if you want to bypass and go straight to your stereo or whatever.

if you stick the xbox on your network (either by the supplied ethernet cable or buy a wireless adapter) you can use the xbox to stream mp3s from your pc, or video etc. my pc with all my tunes is in the spare room, but with the xbox i stream them.

it's great for downloaded movies and that too

Is it not stupidly noisy to work well as a media centre?

Well the only real noise from the 360 is the DVD drive, so if you're just streaming data than there should be little to no noise.

Is it not stupidly noisy to work well as a media centre?

just as long as you only listen to meshuggah it's GRAND

ah no, it's been fine for tv and movies etc, as stan says, it's only really the dvd drive spinning that causes the noise. plus the relatively newer 360's are a lot quieter

So on the way back from the London I picked this up:

8248966x.jpg

I didn't even know it was coming out. Thanks to sterling being so shit I got it for next to nothing too, result!

Fallout 3 is basically Elder Scrolls IV with Bioshock (which itself ripped off it's imagery of Fallout 2) laid over it. This is no bad thing at ALL, this is basically the perfect game for me.

Left 4 Dead was sold out everywhere I checked though :(

I started Fallout 3 this afternoon, only got as far as leaving the vault but I quite like it so far.

I'm about 15hrs play into so far, it's pretty amazing. I was thinking it was a bit too close to ripping off Elder Scrolls then realised it's the exact same company (durrr). Dividing my time between it and Battstar Glactica.

I picked Eternal Sonata for 12euros in Zavvi and just started that too, bit kiddified but it's a typical Japanese rpg.

Turns out Midnight Club LA is actually really really good. For 12 euro it was a serious bargain.

having a lot of fun with mirrors edge. it's a little frustrating how on the rails it is, but deffo got a decent 'one more go' feel, plus everytime you die you only warp back to the jump you're attempting. reckon i'll rattle through it.

lips is....ok, could be so much better

Unless you go to someone to do it for you, it's pretty had to do.. I've looked it up a few times but don't have the right hardware for the job. You get banned from Live for it too.

Being stuck indoors with flu, I decided to dig out the Orange Box again. I'd finished Half-Life 2 on the PC yonks ago when it came out and just finished it again on the 360. Jesus, what an amazing game. One of the best ever.

Anyone who has never played it, is in for such a treat.

Anyone who has never played it, is in for such a treat.

I'm one of those. Might see if i can pick up a 2nd hand copy. Working my way through Gears of War 1 and Forza 2 at the moment. This thread is way more manly than that fuckin wii thread.

Hahaha.

Seriously though, HL2 is just.....sensational.

Just started HL2 - Episode One. Happy days.

RE5 demo out on the 26th:

“Resident Evil 5” Demo Premiers Exclusively on Xbox 360 Starting January 26

Xbox 360 gamers worldwide won’t have to wait until March 13, 2009 to get their hands on the highly-anticipated “Resident Evil 5.” The next installment of the landmark survival horror franchise from Capcom will take action to a new level with a two-level, playable demo available exclusively on Xbox 360 for one week beginning Monday, January 26. In the demo, players will have a first glimpse of the fear they will never forget, as “Resident Evil 5” makes daylight just as terrifying as darkness. Additionally, a new exclusive high-definition trailer of the game, shown only at the past Tokyo Game Show in October of 2008, will be made available for download on the Xbox LIVE service on Friday, Jan. 16.

Fans will have the opportunity to experience “Resident Evil 5’s” revolutionary new features early, including two-player co-op with voice chat along with new characters, weapons and environments. The demo is set within two stages from the beginning of the game – Assembly Place and Shanty Town -- featuring plenty of co-operative action, shooting, hordes of bloodthirsty infected Majini enemies and a few puzzles to round out the action. The demo has three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.
Xbox 360 gamers will also be first to take on the new enemies in battle, including an army of weapon-wielding infected Majini, the gigantic hooded Majini Executioner and even the dreaded Chainsaw Majini. Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evil”-style controls or switch to the newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”
In this hotly anticipated new title coming on March 13, Chris Redfield returns as the “Resident Evil” hero and heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Joining forces with a new partner, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to discover the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing the new co-op mode, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience “Resident Evil” in new ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back