XBox 360 (2 Viewers)

Finally picked up the AX360 headphones.

tritton_AX360_headphones.jpg

Some decent reviews, 5.1 surround headset should make online play a little more interesting!

Voice and sound through the 360. not sure about the ps3 ,it may only be sound but have heard that some people got the mic to work on ps3 as well

I got a pair of X1's there last week. I was reading a few reviews which said there wasn't a huge amount of difference between stereo and 5.1 when using headphones.

However I got them from Play and got stung by customs, so I ended up paying way over the odds. Still happy with them though.

Excuse my ignorance but how can you have 5.1 surround sound on a pair of headphones? Magic?

multiple speakers in each earpiece. they may be dolby certified but i still have a lot of doubts. will wait an see how they perform with bluray/gow2

Finally picked up the AX360 headphones.

tritton_AX360_headphones.jpg

Some decent reviews, 5.1 surround headset should make online play a little more interesting!

Voice and sound through the 360. not sure about the ps3 ,it may only be sound but have heard that some people got the mic to work on ps3 as well

5.1 headphones? Eh..... When they're that close to your ears it doesn't make a difference. You won't notice those extra 3.1 channels and the "center" audio that your brain makes from stereo audio will get all messed up as theres an extra channel per side butting in.

5.1 headphones? Eh..... When they're that close to your ears it doesn't make a difference. You won't notice those extra 3.1 channels and the "center" audio that your brain makes from stereo audio will get all messed up as theres an extra channel per side butting in.

Word up. In other news, i'm 3 weeks into my Xbox 360 ownership and I can honestly say that I have never been happier, even happier than that time i picked four massive snots from each region of my nose. I'm digging the car games, especially Colin McRae Dirt. Also getting into Brothers in Arms. I know these are relatively old games but i'm new to this shit. When i get my Xbox Live on I would love to have people eat my dust in Colin McRae. Anyone else have it?

need a WWII shooter... and theres a heap to choose from. recommends?

As far as i know the Call of Duty series are the best. Haven't played any of them but I have played Brothers in Arms and I do like it apart from the bullshit attempts to 'connect' you to the characters. Fuck that shit, just let me shoot some Krauts. I hear the latest COD game allows you to be in the Russian army invading Berlin, that's be cool. Up the reds!

Excuse my ignorance but how can you have 5.1 surround sound on a pair of headphones? Magic?

This seems like nonsense to me, you shouldn't need 5.1 with headphones, front and back should sound should be achievable with just the two phones and some jiggery pokery. Not that it wouldn't work, just seems like an excuse to sell stuff.

need a WWII shooter... and theres a heap to choose from. recommends?

I've not played the latest Call Of Duty, but if you're hankering for some WW2, pick up Call Of Duty 2. It'll be dirt cheap by now and was probably the best of the original line-up for the 360.

Argos are doing a games sale at the moment. GTAIV, Fable 2 are 30 euro. Didn't look too hard, covers all platforms.

Kinda tempted by Midnight Club at 30 quid...

Here, the Mrs. bought a 360 last night. Yer man at gamestop said she needed to buy a HDMI cable to use it with our telly, so she did.
Problem is that it doesn't fit into the xbox the same time that the xbox tv/hd cable is in. Whats the story? Is it one or the other? Does audio travel via HDMI as well? Whats the benifits?
Thanks.

Problem is that it doesn't fit into the xbox the same time that the xbox tv/hd cable is in. Whats the story? Is it one or the other? Does audio travel via HDMI as well? Whats the benifits?
Thanks.

you mean your tv only has one hdmi input? you could also connect with a component or vga cable, both still look pretty fantastic (though hdmi is that bit better).

audio goes over hdmi, though the 360 would have come with a small break out box, so you can run l+r phono's straight to your stereo if need be.

tis deadly for the media centre schtuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back