XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

no but extravisoion is proving itself to be a pretty worthy oponent to the big stores. they been matching and beating prices for a good while now. also give really good prices on 2nd hands.
when i traded in GTA 4 i got 30 from them when gamestop were offering 20.

also, r.e far cry 2. i only really got into it this weekend. its really good. its quite different for a FPS which im glad to say. its takes the linear element out of a game like say, COD4, and basically lets you run around as you please. however, it can get a bit frustrating as the distances between targets can be big. but this is almost forgivable as the environments are so nice to look at.
i hit a deer the other night whilst flying through the fields in my jeep.

Yeah I looked on Komplett and it's 105 there, so 100 seems a decent price, might go for it.

I've been playing Banjo Kazooie: nuts and bolts the last few days, making for a very wecome change from playing nothing but FIFA and FPS games. Tons of nerdy in-jokes too.

also give really good prices on 2nd hands.

They do give pretty decent prices for trade ins ( I got Halo 3 for a euro thanks to a 30 euro Rainbox Six Vegas trade in!!) but the problem with that is that they then have 2nd hand games for just less than the retail price which is pointless. Is there any store that don't mark up hugely on 2nd games? Gamestop give you a low price which I wouldn't mind if they didn't then mark up to the same level as the Xtravision games!

:mad::mad:

also, r.e far cry 2. i only really got into it this weekend. its really good. its quite different for a FPS which im glad to say. its takes the linear element out of a game like say, COD4, and basically lets you run around as you please. however, it can get a bit frustrating as the distances between targets can be big. but this is almost forgivable as the environments are so nice to look at.
i hit a deer the other night whilst flying through the fields in my jeep.

go to the bus stations and skip those driving/walking around for ages bits.

So I went into xtravison to buy the HDD, only to find they wanted 100 quid for a TWENTY gig drive. I politely declined and left.

Cheeky fuckers.

Oh Fable definitely.. Wasn't mad keen on Gears 1 so I might pass on 2. What's everyone playing online these days? Still COD? Battlefield? Something else altogether?

gamestation here in the uk have fallout 3 for £19.99.
hmv have dead space for £24.99
gmae have smackdown 2009 for £19.99 and the new tomb raider for £24.99. With the pound so weak there could be bargains ahoy.

here, is dead space as terrifying to play as it looks?

The zloty over here is even weaker again. It's about to hit 4zl for a Euro. And prices aren't changing in kind. Wahey!

Though it can't compete with the kind of prices there in the UK..

There's only a few of us playing of a Thursday at the moment. Me, Citysickness and 1000smurfs are the hardcore. Played nothing but L4D since it came out.

No one from here seemed to bother with COD5 at all. I played the beta for half an hour and realised it was a shittier version of COD4.

gamestation here in the uk have fallout 3 for £19.99.
hmv have dead space for £24.99
gmae have smackdown 2009 for £19.99 and the new tomb raider for £24.99. With the pound so weak there could be bargains ahoy.

here, is dead space as terrifying to play as it looks?

Honestly, Dead Space is a great game. And yeah, you'll shit yourself.

There's only a few of us playing of a Thursday at the moment. Me, Citysickness and 1000smurfs are the hardcore. Played nothing but L4D since it came out.

Prepare to join the Anarcho Munk after Christmas when I get a load of new games.:)

On the list so far:

1) L4D
2) Fable 2
3) GTA 4

Not sure what else to get yet....maybe that'll do though.

Has anyone played Blue Dragon? Opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back