XBox 360 (6 Viewers)

Got far cry 2 for the pc. Have only just finished the training stuff at the start, but I like it so far.

Crysis Warhead looks & plays way better though.

I've barely scratched the surface, but Fable 2 seems pretty great. Reckon I'll like it the further in I get.

its between that and fallout 3 for me at the moment. heading in to pick up a game tomorrow so will have to make my mind up by then.

Fallout 3 is looking good. Its shipping now from vg+ for 42 euro delivered.

Is the new portal game an add on or a standalone game? I hope its the latter as I traded in my copy of the orange box or boite a lórange as its called in france.

Portal is the original game with six extra test chambers that bear no relation to the game, so no glados. I've still got the orange box so I'm not going to bother.

Fallout 3 is looking good. Its shipping now from vg+ for 42 euro delivered.

Is the new portal game an add on or a standalone game? I hope its the latter as I traded in my copy of the orange box or boite a lórange as its called in france.

its a standalone game as far as i know with a few extra levels

For anyone getting Fallout, word on the interweb is that the PS3 is the inferior version.

yeah but only slightly, bit of tearing and slowdown. But in saying that the ps3 is a hell of a lot quieter

have heard good reports for installing the games to the 360 hdd. that should be available soon enough

my ps3 fairly cranks up the volume (like, to 360 levels) if it's in an enclosed space. also gets rather hot.

solution: i don't run it in an enclosed space.

Mine isn't!

I'm fairly sure you could get yours replaced if you called sony. I've read of a good few people on forums who've done it. Fan noise drives me mad.

My ps3s fans kick in after about 20 minutes but i'd have to mute the telly to really hear it. My 360 is so loud in the dashboard that it'd be my last choice for watching videos and when the dvd drive spins up during a game its often distracting. In the wee hours I used to wear headphones during dialogue heavy games so i wouldn't have to turn up the tv.

Getting excited over which version runs marginally better has always been a bit of moot point for me. I've compared plenty of demos in the past and the difference between formats is almost always negligible and certainly secondary to reliability and getting cheaper games from canada that don't sound like an extractor fan.

That said i've ordered Fallout 3 for the 360 so what the fuck do I know.

Also the tomb raider demo is deadly if you like that kinda thing.

250pk68.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back