XBox 360 (6 Viewers)

phew, thought i was headed for RROD, reckon i'll play through the 3 days and give up, they shoulda patched it

other october stuff im enjoying:

Castslevania Symphony Of The Night on XBL, platforming rpg
nice

Eternal Darkness on game cube, point and click story
great

Gregory Horror Show on ps2 , point and click puzzler
nice

The last guy on psn, 2d people lemmings with zombies
jazz

The Last Guy demo was alright. I might buy it. I got disgaea 3 recently. You played it?

I played disgaea 1 for a few hours and I had stop because I was getting hooked, you could spend forever on it , just leveling up your weapons. I love that tactical shit though , sunk countless hours into advance wars

is 3 out here or did you import it?
if it has leaderboards or multiplayer i might check it out

I imported it for 30 euro. The localisaton is decent and you can choose between audio languages so i went for japanese.

Its incredibly complex though. Valkyria Chronicles is a lot more approachable and pleasing to the eye.

thats cool about the audio languages , the game has real a charm to it so i'd say it's great in Japanese

Valkyria looks beautiful , the line of sight, out of turn shooting mechanic sounds like it will be interesting to play with too

Eternal Darkness is my favourite ever gamecube game. I wish Dyack would do a sequel.

I wouldn't call it a point and click game though, from what I remember it's much more of an action adventue type thing.

Edit: second favourite after RE 4 actually.

ya just getting to the more actiony parts now,
the first part in the mansion reminds me a bit of a point n click game , the atmosphere is great

my favourite gamecube game was Lost Kingdoms
a weird sort of rpg card game

Eternal Darkness is awesome. Never did finish it though.

Can't see a sequel anytime soon, I don't think it sold very well what with being on the GameCube and all.

The sanity effects in ED are genius! I'm tempted now to
give Too Human another chance after not being sold on the demo

The chain saw clown in Dead Rising is pissing me off so i've given up in favour of The Darkness, liking it a lot, surprising to see there are still people playing the multiplayer

I quite enjoyed it. Nothing mind blowing but once you got used to the controls it was fairly satisfying. I can see why it was given mediocre reviews though.

I got it for free too, might not have been so forgiving if I had paid money for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I quite enjoyed it. Nothing mind blowing but once you got used to the controls it was fairly satisfying. I can see why it was given mediocre reviews though.

I got it for free too, might not have been so forgiving if I had paid money for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

cheers, was really looking forward to it but then the reviews put me off it. I cant see me picking it up in the next few months with fallout, fable, resistance etc coming.

oh and by the way resistance 2 is being released in europe a month after US. so get your orders in on videogamesplus.ca, the co-op looks awesome

played the demo, my fear was that it could get pretty boring gameplay wise, the techno-norse setting/story is interesting though. i think it did well so there might be a better sequel

it was going for 25 in hmv there recently...

The story was really dull actually, didn't care for it in the slightest. Cutting your way through loads of enemies was fun though.

I'm slightly wary of getting US versions of MP games, as the MP side is often region locked, so you'll be stuck playing with American kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reckon I'll pick up dead space and fallout 3 in the Jan sales. Saints Row 2 is ordered from VG+ and I reckon I'll get fable II.

Then it'll be gears 2 and left 4 dead in Nov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back