XBox 360 (21 Viewers)

Not wishing to always rag on PES, but I don't see any deliciousness in those shots. Saying that FIFA 09 shots don't excite me either, it's got to the stage where its just slightly better than the previous year.

In fact I think that the character graphics in TW09 are actually worse than the year before...

In the long run graphics are really secondary when it comes to these games. PES2008 on wii being a good example. I'd play pes on ps2 if they just evolved the game a bit.

I had a look at a few gameplay videos and its seems that both games are generally the same as last year. I thought fifa looked fine last year so if they improve player reactions, throw in new animations and full team rosters and nail the 10v10 i'll be happy.

Realistically how much of more of a shelf like does the 360 have? I'd expect Xbox Mark 3 next year..

Not likely. They're not gonna rush into anything considering how much they paid for rushing out the 360.

This is a very interesting albeit long article that goes into detail about the rrod thing but also how much money time and resources go into console development.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/x...istory-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

I'd be disappointed if the best games of this generation had been and gone. Some of the best ps2 games came out 5 or 6 years after it came out.

I'd guess 2011/2012 maybe?

I read somewhere recently that they're not far off reaching the limit of what the 360 can do. However I reckon a new MS console is a couple of years off at least.

I reckon it's possible to love both Fifa and Pes.

I reckon the important thing is to map the controls identically for both games.

demo impressions:

My impressions after 3 matches :

-Very fast, controls are great.
-Passing is alot easier, but it's not easy to score ( defending AI is good )
-Graphics are phenomenal, faces really look alike
-Presentation is TOP NOTCH. Remember Fifa08 where while loading you could walk around on a standard pitch and shoot some balls? Well it's the same here but presented better, and when it's done loading your standing on the field where you are about to play, fans are shouting etc, pretty cool stuff.
-Like I said, the gameplay is fast, which is a good thing. This feels faster than Euro08, and just as fast as Pes06 ( which is the only pes i play anyway ).
-Penalties kind of suck, or maybe I just need to train more :p.

Comparing this to Pes? I don't know I'd have to see the new Pes09 demo, but I like this just as much or even better than Pes06. Retarded strategies don't work in this game which is a good thing imo :).

I'll get PES2009 free again, and play it for approx two hours. Exactly the same as last year.

I'd love to be proved wrong and like both games, but I can't see it.

electronic_wastejpg_2.jpg

being October , I've been trying to play some horror themed games,

Enjoying Dead Rising but jaysis is it just my 360 or is the screen tearing absolutely shocking !?

phew, thought i was headed for RROD, reckon i'll play through the 3 days and give up, they shoulda patched it

other october stuff im enjoying:

Castslevania Symphony Of The Night on XBL, platforming rpg
nice

Eternal Darkness on game cube, point and click story
great

Gregory Horror Show on ps2 , point and click puzzler
nice

The last guy on psn, 2d people lemmings with zombies
jazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back