XBox 360 (12 Viewers)

Why would you bother doing that? It's a streaming thing when network play back is built into the xbox anyway.. The 360 can now play any DivX, XviD and even x264 vids natively off any DVDr or an external hard drive..

mainly cuz i cant be arsed burning dvds or going up stairs to transfer to an external drive, got 1.5tb of dls on my machine so kinda makes it easier than constanly swapping stuff on an eternal as well

mainly cuz i cant be arsed burning dvds or going up stairs to transfer to an external drive, got 1.5tb of dls on my machine so kinda makes it easier than constanly swapping stuff on an eternal as well

I stream stuff off the PC down to the 360 all the time, no TVersity needed - you just share your "My Videos" folder or whatever and off you go.

Here it is:

PES 2009: new season, new advances
Konami confirms Autumn launch for PES 2009

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that it will release PES 2009 for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD, PlayStation®2, and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) this Autumn in Europe.PES 2009 is the latest installment of the award-winning Pro Evolution Soccer Series, which is known by millions of fans for its superior gameplay and incredible realism. For PES 2009, Konami is already planning a raft of extensive new additions that will further bridge the gap between PES and the real thing. The new game has undergone a stunning graphical update to ensure its players look and move even more like their real-life counterparts. Similarly, all-new options allow users to tailor the game to their own tastes, while new moves, innovative new control elements and key online elements will further the realism of the new game.
“The announcement of a new PES game is always a highlight for Konami, but PES 2009 looks set to reaffirm the series’ utter superiority,” commented Jon Murphy, PES Project Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We are committed to extending the realism of the new game with a wealth of key gameplay additions, and will produce a football title that truly embodies all the skill and pace that is good about the modern game.”

pes200906055ek5.jpg

That press release is enough to put me off. Utter superiority my hoop. At least I won't have to pay for it.

Looks like I will finally get my 360 back on Friday.

Seems strange that they're boasting about realism. I think they should push pes further in the arcade direction and distinguish it from FIFA rather than trying to go head to head with it.

Delicious! I have played both PES and FIFA a lot this year, but while FIFA is amazing on-line, I prefer PES off-line/with friends.

Sure if Konami is saying this is gonna be the best thing ever, what more do you wanna hear? What?

They could have announced a new feature. Like last years amazing AI that could actually learn and adapt to your playing style. Me bollix.

You shouldn't need that wilbert. Your router should be set to dhcp not PPPoE.

It is set to DHCP but can't get any joy out of it for the xbox. It says that it is connected to my network (I can see the little green bars on the Network blade) but I still can't connect. It's driving me mental.

The only reason I mentioned the PPPoE is because a friend who is connected wirelessly has that number on his network settings.

Pain in the arse!

In fairness to PES, I've often been playing a game with friends, where we've been on top for 15 mins or so (murdering em on the flanks or whatever), before all of a sudden we're struggling to get a kick of the ball.

So I think there may indeed be something to the whole AI adaptability thing.

Maybe you're right. To be fair i've only played a total of 2 games of pes2008 so i don't know any of the finer points of it.

Alone in the Dark has just come out too, but it seems to be a bit flawed in places.

And of course there is Dead Rising, which some people hate as it is bastard hard. Those people are rubbish at games though, I loved it.

Are there any good survival/horror games for the 360?

Even though it's not strictly in the genre , I'd say BioShock
I've been more freaked out playing that than resident evil.
Im sure you know it's a must play anyway. game of the year 07

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back