XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

See, that sort of rote learning leaves me cold - I find it a bit like those old adventure games where you'd type in "go east" and a message would come up "You have fallen into a spike pit and are dead. GAME OVER".
Fair enough, but you have been raving about rez, isn't that essentially the same thing??

3D Realms has said that Duke Nukem 3D is definitely heading to Xbox Live Arcade.

Confirmation came from big shot Scot Miller, who told the Dallas Business Journal it would have co-operative play, online multiplayer, and potentially be available this year. What are you waiting for? Christmas?

"We're really excited about bringing classic Duke to the 360," said Miller. "We're talking to Microsoft about getting a release slot sometime this year."
We heard late last summer that 3D Realms was keen to port its old classic, and was just waiting on the go ahead from the platform holder.

Duke Nukem 3D appeared on PC back in 1996, and is a first-person shooter where you rid the world of an alien invasion.

Key to its success was its low moral values and gruff protagonist, who went around causing a bloody mess in strip clubs and the like. Pretty good looking for the time too, and devilishly fun in four-player LAN mode.

You might be setting yourself up for a fall with Goldeneye. I played it a good few years ago and it seemed really dated then.

I see Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is out next month.

You might be setting yourself up for a fall with Goldeneye. I played it a good few years ago and it seemed really dated then.

I see Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is out next month.
yup. rainbow 6 is probably my favourite game on the ole box. cant believe it took me so long to get around to it. looking forward to the sequel.

but yeah totally agree about goldeneye. but one thing that i always go back to is license to kill with pistols. thats serious fun. or man with the golden gun. im sure id give it a few runs over XBL. thatd be fun.

The GTA games do sell out though. I didn't pre-order san andreas and only thanks to THRILLHO did I get a copy, as he had a pre-order he didn't need.

i couldnt give a monkeys if i didnt get it on day one, gta games just are not that interesting to me anymore.

dont get me wrong though i will be buying it at some stage and will most likely spend 2 weeks of my life trying to get the 'run over 1 million people' achievement

Fair enough, but you have been raving about rez, isn't that essentially the same thing??

I dunno, Rez is more about quick reactions and improvisation than first-play-unavoidable-failure-repeat-and-rinse. And I couldn't give a hot piss about the Score Attack mode either - the main joy is the way the visuals and the sound design interact.

As regards GTA, if the multiplayer took on the Burnout Paradise model and expanded it it would be the end of all productive life on earth, leading to massive damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back