XBox 360 (6 Viewers)

jayuzs. this whole video thing is gonna take ages before it settles in.

r.e dashboard update:
wow only took about 30 seconds.
very tempted to buy halo 1.

if it can stream divx wirelessly = the dream
I just did this pretty much by accident.

I tried to conect my laptop to the 360 before but couldn't manage it for some reason.

Today I had the laptop on, turned the 360 on and a little message popped up on the laptop saying it had found an extender on my network. A few clicks and minor adjustment of the onecare firewall later and it's seeing everything on my laptop. Brilliant stuff.

Edit: that's with Vista by the way, not xp.

I just did this pretty much by accident.

I tried to conect my laptop to the 360 before but couldn't manage it for some reason.

Today I had the laptop on, turned the 360 on and a little message popped up on the laptop saying it had found an extender on my network. A few clicks and minor adjustment of the onecare firewall later and it's seeing everything on my laptop. Brilliant stuff.

Edit: that's with Vista by the way, not xp.
Vista's pretty handy at that sort of stuff. What version do you have?

Home premium.

Just looking through photos from dudley's wedding and Japan on the TV without having to do anything else other than use the 360 controller, deadly.

Home premium.

Just looking through photos from dudley's wedding and Japan on the TV without having to do anything else other than use the 360 controller, deadly.
are you using it as a proper media centre extender? because that's impressive.

are you using it as a proper media centre extender? because that's impressive.
I think I am yeah, I don't have media centre open or anything.

It got the hump when kirstie turned on her macbook, too much wireless traffic I guess. But yeah I'm very impressed with it all, it would be great for you lot who have millions of divx's/MP3's/photos on your PC's.

it's even better when you've a TV tuner in the PC - you get the whole Media Centre interface on the 360, including live TV with the pausing and the rewinding and the excitement.

unfortunately my PC with the tv tuner is about 6 inches from the 360 and connected to the same TV so not much benefit in it for me.

i reckon i might pick up that 500gb external drive in lidl this week. Put all the auld movies/tv shows on it and just leave it always connected. it works real nice of usb sticks as well

The DivX streaming is dead handy, and makes the 360's media sharing finally worthwhile - previous to that it was convert to WMV and cross your fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back