XBox 360 (6 Viewers)

The first public demo for The Orange Box - the unique new multiplatform, multi-game offering from Valve, creators of Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike - is targeted for release on Xbox 360 tomorrow, November 22.

This first demo for The Orange Box is dedicated to Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the latest installment in the award-winning Half-Life 2 series and one of five games included in The Orange Box.

anyone who hasn't played it, should.

so finished assassins creed, its well worth playing but i dont see myself ever playing this again. so off to cod4 or mass effect for me!

it really seems to be a like it or fucking hate it game. Much like splinter cell (also ubisoft). it quite long as well ! the ending fucking blows though

Gamestm totally slated Assassins Creed. Gave it a 4/10.

It's definitely not a 4/10. I really like it but I think it is all about how you approach the game. If you play it like an action game you'll be pretty disappointed but if you get into the missions and sidequests and just let the game unravel you might enjoy it more.

There's a lot wrong with it but I really like it.

I'd give it an 8/10.

I find myself reading a lot of these pieces recently, and something that keeps cropping up in the comments sections is the idea that game criticism is still a young, naive form, and that we need to aspire to the lofty heights of music/film criticism. Which is especially hilarious, given how much payola and advertising coercion goes on in those dark corners.

What it generally boils down to is whether reviewers are willing to bow to the pressure, and whether the outlet you're working for takes itself seriously enough that it brushes this shit off and moves on. Publishers will only bother pushing if they think there's room for, eh, "negotiation".

So i hear you can now change the windows live id associated with your gamertag. I should have stayed with daggerzdave.

best thing about the fall update is divx support! about time.

not sure if the video marketplace will be available in europe just yet. i heard it will be in the new year

divx? really? have they said how it will work?
if it can stream divx wirelessly = the dream
even if i could just hook up an external hard drive = the dream part II

as far as i know it can play from dvd, external hard drive or usb stick. Pretty sure it would be able to play it over windows media centre as well

divx? really? have they said how it will work?
if it can stream divx wirelessly = the dream
even if i could just hook up an external hard drive = the dream part II

The dream will work but the dream part II will require a FAT32 formatted ext HD. The 360 can't read ntfs.

Best off just using a decent sized usb/pen drive and playing them off that.

meh

Microsoft has announced that the long awaited European launch of Video Marketplace on Xbox Live will take place on 11th December.
Called "Xbox Live Marketplace Video Store" in line with Microsoft's new naming convention, the service will allow you to rent films in standard- and high-definition, although there's no mention of TV shows.
Films will cost 250 Microsoft Points (GBP 2.13 / EUR 2.91) in standard definition and 380 MS Points (GBP 3.23 / EUR 4.42) for high definition, and early examples include 300, The Matrix trilogy, the first two Harry Potter films and Clash of the Titans.
As of 11th December, the service will have been launched in six countries - the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France and Germany - to varying degrees. It is likely that the same US usage restrictions govern control of content downloaded here - i.e. that films are only usable until 24 hours after viewing or within 14 days of download.
In the UK, Xbox Live's Video Store currently features music videos from the likes of Ministry of Sound and Sony BMG.
The full list of launch films (albeit subject to change) is as follows
Analyse This
Clash of the Titans
Dead Calm
Demolition Man
Eraser
Executive Decision
Eyes Wide Shut
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Looney Tunes: Back In Action
Mars Attacks!
Ocean's Eleven
Risky Business
Space Cowboys
Superman III
Swordfish
The Fugitive
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Perfect Storm
Three Kings
Training Day
Zodiac

What size are the HD downloads going to be, I wonder? It's not much of a challenge to the likes of Xtravision if you have to set the download going in the morning so you can watch it that evening.

Also: hardly a stellar launch lineup, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back