XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

I'm hoping that The Orange box will be the last FPS i'll play this year.

Looking forward to Mass Effect, Uncharted and Wipeout.

For me, the only ones I really need now are Mass Effect and Call Of Duty 4. Will pick up PES tomorrow. That's more than enough for this year. Jesus I dread to think how many games I've bought this year. Still, most of em have been great.

has anyone got the 5 free hddvds deal ? it says uk only on the form

i'm still waiting for my free data transfer cable. and the info on returning my steering wheel for a safety refit thing.

sent the forms off to the UK for both of them at least 3 weeks ago.

In the interest of trying to suck the goodness out of all the good mp games that are coming out and are already out and getting a good few heads to play each game, how's about a monthly\forthnightingly mp games night?

We could vote by poll to determine which game or games to play, and any game could be played as long as it wasn't played the previous week.
That way old favourites won't get forgotten and every game has a chance to get a look in with a good few people.
i'm guessing a thursday, friday or saturday late evening at a set time might be best on average. Maybe two games per night, a newish one and an oldy.

We could then pick game modes, teams, wagers, shit-talk in advance.

not too anal, not too loose and it might work for the having fun times.

Yeah, we really need to do something like this, but it just seems that it's very hard for us to find a night that suits everyone. We need a thumped PA to schedule things for us.

yeah we'll never get a night that suits everyone, but if it was once a month on a set date we might get enough to make it worthwhile

Maybe fortnightly? Once a month is a bit too long. If a date was set in stone, mon-thurs, I'm fine with it.

Good idea, the only problem I can see is people may only play the games they want to. For instance if we played a gears night I know at least one person, mentioning no names (lefty), who won't play due to his shitness.

I traded in Gears Of War ages ago, so count me out of that shit too.

LETS SET UP A PES 2008 LEAGUE!

As if.

Maybe fortnightly? Once a month is a bit too long. If a date was set in stone, mon-thurs, I'm fine with it.

Good idea, the only problem I can see is people may only play the games they want to. For instance if we played a gears night I know at least one person, mentioning no names (lefty), who won't play due to his shitness.

heh, wake me up when you're not playing FPS deathmatch zzzzzzzz

fortnightly set in stone sounds good.
maybe a thursday night ? so the first one could be in two weeks time?

As honourable gentleman i'm sure we'll agree to play all games if we have them. If we have two games on the one night we can combine an fps with a sporting fixture.
guns and balls. ( Can you have 4v4 in fifa?)

Ho-hooo.... the Pes backlash continues...

From the Gamesradar forum....

This game is f**k hilarious.

I've been playing FIFA for about 3 weeks straight and it's like a million steps back to play Pro Evo 2008.

There's just so much wrong, niggly little things to glaring omissions and the same old fundamental flaws.

FIFA might not be faultless or perfect but it plays a damn closer version of 'real' football than this comedy mess.

I've bought every PES and ISS since the 90s but it's getting beyond a joke.

The master league is a shambles, and no different from last year.
The speed is near crippling - it feels like they've just decided to go with that daft mode from a few years ago, where everything was in double time.

Goalkeepers still palm out EVERY ball.

A few things I noticed where not being able to change kits in the master league. So you end up playing in clashing colours.
icon_eek.gif

I mean, how f**k basic is that?

All these magazines and online reviewers giving it 8's and 9s need to get their tongue out of Seabiscuits arsehole.
It's a shitey half-baked attempt at a dire port that looks and plays half-finished.
The lack of gameplay options is inexcusable, texturing and movement is pathetic - there's obviously no sense of 360 (if you excuse the pun) in Konami's world, just 8 plotted points.

Can't wait to see the disaster that is online
icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh and Adriano and C.Ronaldo WILL ruin yor life.

I'm very, very pleased I bought FIFA
icon_lol.gif

To say 'this is the next-gen version' is complete and utter pish and the reviewer should be hauled in front of a court on charges of lunacy in a public domain.
If that's even a charge. It should be...

fortnightly set in stone sounds good.
maybe a thursday night ? so the first one could be in two weeks time?

As honourable gentleman i'm sure we'll agree to play all games if we have them. If we have two games on the one night we can combine an fps with a sporting fixture.
guns and balls. ( Can you have 4v4 in fifa?)
The only problem I can see with Thursday is that people are more likely to be out and about having social lives. Possibly.

I think we need a poll.

As for PES, at the moment there is no limit on the number of pauses, and the length of the pauses, over live. Which will make it unplayable.

Oh dear. It really that bad, dude? What platform you play it on?

360. It just feels shallow and flimsy. Really easy to score the same goals you scored in pes 4. Its PES6 with a few minor changes and new slowdown.

Graphics are shit in fairness, the ps2 version looks almost as good from a distance. Nothing new such as lighting or textures anywhere to be seen.

Replays and animations (freekicks, corners) suffered from some shocking slowdown while i was playing.

The game itself plays well but for seasoned assholes like ourselves the gameplay is dated and wearing very thin. 8 directional sprinting on rails, 180 turns in miliseconds, consistant outside the box scoring. Konami need to reinvent pes quickly cos i reckon theres gonna be a big fallout from this latest lame effort.

And I don't accept this "if i ain't broke don't fix it" attitude to pes. If that were the case we'd still all be playing Contra.

If FIFA and PES both follow on the same current trajectory then its gonna be a one horse race next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back