XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

that's what hollywood wants you to think!
Buy all your favourite dvds all over again.

I'm sure they do look better (especially if you have a fancy bravia and full 1080p ) and it might be worth the extra expense for a few movies that have had care put into the transfer, like the new blade runner is supposed to ( but could also make it worse by revealing special effects flaws.).

800px-UHDV.svg.png
oh youre dead right. in fact this is something john landis was talking about. its the studios trying to sell you the same shit over and over again..
but as lefty said, watching shit in HD is great. but id never buy something i already had.

It's not - but you need a pretty big screen to be noticing the difference.

Fair enough but i don't think its worth the extra expense.

Recently i saw a philips 37" 1080p which was 800 quid dearer than the exact same 1080i model.

Fair enough but i don't think its worth the extra expense.

Recently i saw a philips 37" 1080p which was 800 quid dearer than the exact same 1080i model.
some of the telly sets out there are stupidly expensive alright. pretty big premium for that ambilight stuff.

The thing that gets me, is that if you have a whopper of a screen, you have to sit far back from it. I tried playing Halo sat only about 2 1/2 foot from my telly the other night and I nearly got sick after about 5 mins. So if you gotta sit back to "take it all in" then you're not really gonna notice the difference between 720p/1080i/1080p.

Having a nice big screen is great, but you're not gonna sit there with your nose pressed against it - applauding the slightly smoother outlines of Russell Crowes face. Though maybe we all should.

Wilbert, your students will never make it on their own if you continue to use the internet as a means to belittle them.

But yes, it's fucking awful. I thought it was just temporary. Bad, bad, bad. You can totally see the art department coming up with something like this....

halflife2_41.jpg

...and then some exec in a suit saying "NO! WE NEED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THERE ARE LOADS OF GAMES IN THE BOX! PUT EM ALL ON THE COVER. YOU'RE FIRED!"

Is this the ugliest packaging ever for a game?

orange.jpg
About as attractive as the cover of a six months subscription to xbox live.
anybody here interested in a 385 euro gamestop voucher for 365 euros?
20 quid saving if youre looking at buying something..
Lemmie just take a breath here....

A...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
Best of luck with that boss.

How did you get a 385 euro gamestop voucher?? Why not spend it on games?
traded in xbox and stuff. well i bought a new xbox so i want to make some of my money back. i nearly bought half life and a wireless wheel today..
seriously though if anyone does actually need to buy anything give me a shout..

traded in xbox and stuff. well i bought a new xbox so i want to make some of my money back. i nearly bought half life and a wireless wheel today..
seriously though if anyone does actually need to buy anything give me a shout..

You really are pennywise and poundfoolish.

Get a ps3.

Well then what did you accept vouchers for?!

Right I'll give you 300 for the vouchers. I suggest you accept my offer.
deal! well no i havent actually accepted them yet. basically im trying to either sell my xbox or the vouchers. i went to gamestop and they offered me 385 exchange or, wait for it, 250 cash..i need the cash but im not loosing that many smackers.

so if someone offers me what i want for the vouchers then ill trade it in.

deal! well no i havent actually accepted them yet. basically im trying to either sell my xbox or the vouchers. i went to gamestop and they offered me 385 exchange or, wait for it, 250 cash..i need the cash but im not loosing that many smackers.

so if someone offers me what i want for the vouchers then ill trade it in.

Well look as i said 260 for the vouchers. Take it or leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back